Need Help to install XP pro to blank HD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need help for installing XP Pro to blank HD.
I got blank machine today and I have Windows XP professional CD w/SP2.
I insert CD into DVD rom and it started to setting up and got message Press Enter to continue installation.
But machine didn't recognized USB keyboard that connected to USB port.
So I can't press key!!

So I connected my old keyboard to the port(Not USB), but same, So I tried to reboot machine again, then all I got is cursur is blinking and didn't go anywhere......

What should I do to complete this installation propely? Please help!!

Hi Tama and welcome to the TechSpot Forum :wave:

Right first off then problem you have is that you started the install with a USB keyboard, then tried to swap to a PS2, windows install hasnt loaded the drivers as it didnt see a keyboard connected at first setup.

I dont think Windows setup works with a USB keyboard ( I may be wrong), so you will have to start the reinstall again from scratch, that is boot from the CD and delete any partitions and start the file copy procedure again, with a PS2 keyboard atttached.

As far as using a USB keyboard, you can use it once 2K is installed. there is sometimes a setting in the BIOS to allow the use of USB devices such as keyboards and mice.

Hope this helps.

Also would you please take a few moments to read the following. It will help to make your Techspot experience a more pleasurable one.

Techspot FAQ.

A message for all newcomers.

SNGX1275`s A guide to making a good post/thread.

Regards

There should be a Bios selection to enable USB device support if the board is newer. Always helps if you tell use the system specs like mobo name and model (eg, Asus P5GD1), and similar data for hard drives and memory and vid card.

You also should have received a mobo manual with that new rig which in many cases details the necessary steps to preset the Bios and install an OS.

:)

Thank you guys,

Actually it ended up to get replace the motherboard cz when I connected my old keyboard(PS2) or mouse, doesn't get any power as well, so I brought back machine to store and now waiting for the replacement.

Thank you very much for your advice, I'll use my PS2 keyboard for installation after I get the machine back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back