Need help with Radeon 9550 128MB VSync

Hi everyone,

This is a question related to counter strike.

I used to be able to play cs 1.6 just fine with my existing pc with ati radeon 9550 128mb graphic.

After 5 months of inactivity and reinstalling cs back, I'm having some "lag/delay" issues in game. Like if I strafe to left and release my button, sometimes it'll keep going for a while before stopping. This happens like once in a while or in an open area where there's more graphic

I have great fps but sometimes the graph jerks crazily with couple of red dots.

I've read it's possible to be a vsync problem or something but I've read so many threads on disabling vsync but I can't seem to find it.

Normally to disable vsync just go to DIsplay properties -> Advanced and select the graphic card and then disable vsync. The problem is i can't see my graphic card when I select advanced. All I got is (General, Adapter, Monitor, Troubleshoot, Color Management)

I think it's probably because my card is really old hence it isn't displaying in the properties section.

I've tried downloading a driver catalyst for radeon 9550 but I think it's the wrong version as there's another radeon 9550 256mb version and mine is 128mb version.

My question is what could be causing the problem? Is it vsync? If yes is there a way to disable it since my driver doesn't have a catalyst or something. I also read I should enable triple buffering or something..

Hope you guys can give me specific instructions as I'm not very computer savvy.

Cheers!
DT

memory sizes will not impact which drivers you use on your card. I would recommend using a driver cleaner program like driver sweeper or something like that to remove any and all traces of old drivers. Then go to amd.com and on the side select desktop graphics, which OS you have, Radeon 9xxx series, and 9550 for the model. Download full catalyst package with control center and driver built into one. Install, reboot and try counter strike again.

When you graphics card shows up as default device you computer is giving it a general driver that will allow you to use basic functionality until you get the full driver installed.

Hope this helps!

Back