Need PCIe card that compares to AGP card I have now - HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

I'm having to build a new system after my current motherboard fried, and I need help in the video area.

I currently have a Gainward GeForce3 Ti200 AGP 4x card with 128MB, and I have been very happy with it for all the games that I play. Because I'm replacing my motherboard with a socket 939 (AMD Athlon 64 3500+ CPU) I need to find a PCIe graphics card that will have comparable gaming performance as my current (though very old) AGP card.

I would rather not spend more money than necessary but I need to get a card that performs at least as well as my old one so that my kids can keep playing the games they are already used to.

If anyone can help I would really appreciate it! I've been out of the loop, so to speak, for too long and need some experienced advice. Also, if anyone can offer QUICK advice I'd really appreciate it...I need to order the parts ASAP so I can rebuild the system before they come back home! :)

Many thanks,

Jack

use this chart , this will be the easiest way for you to find a comparible card. if you're interested in an ATI card, then use this chart

it will be very easy to find a suitable replacement for that card. video cards have advanced so fast over the last couple years that it will be hard to find a card with specs as low as the TI200.

good luck :)

go to newegg an search for the chepest pci-e card with will be like 60 or 70 dollors and youll get a bout triple the prefoumce that you have now

Thanks!!

Thanks guys! I knew my card was old, but didn't remember it being THAT old! I liked its performance, and I don't know why I thought it would be better to hang on to that 4 year old AGP 4x than buying a new PCIe...

Anyway, thanks again!

Jack

go for eather an x300 or geforce 6200 their aobut 50 dollors aobut the chepest pci-e cards out there

How much can you afford?

I recommend a Geforce 6600 minimum... You`ll notice a BIG difference....

The 7300GS I posted is pretty good for most games like HL2 and NFS: Most Wanted. Don't expect to play taxing games like FEAR or the like. For those games, a 6600GT will be recommended. But seeing as u have been using a Ti4200, I wouldn't think u would need to go for that? Its upto u really.

Rage_3K_Moiz said:
The 7300GS I posted is pretty good for most games like HL2 and NFS: Most Wanted. Don't expect to play taxing games like FEAR or the like. For those games, a 6600GT will be recommended. But seeing as u have been using a Ti4200, I wouldn't think u would need to go for that? Its upto u really.

Actually it was a GeForce3 Ti200. :) Anyway, I went for the XFX 7600GS. From what I understand it may not be as powerful as the 6800 GT (or even the 6600GT?) but I think it will keep me happy for a while! :)

Thanks for all the help guys, seriously.

Jack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back