Need suggestions for new computer build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am new to computer building and decided I need to build me a computer that will handle any game I buy for it without any problems. I am tired of buying a new game that wont work on my pc.

My question for you guys is where to start?

I know nothing about Motherboards, Processors,ETC. What are the best for gaming? I am slowly reading over the threads on here to learn about as much as i can. Everyone has to start somewhere and here I am, a spunge, ready to learn. Please help, love games, need good gaming pc.

Thanks
Newbuilder

Edit: Please use proper thread titles. Thanks.

The best.

Newbuilder said:
I am new to computer building and decided I need to build me a computer that will handle any game I buy for it without any problems. I am tired of buying a new game that wont work on my pc.

My question for you guys is where to start?

I know nothing about Motherboards, Processors,ETC. What are the best for gaming? I am slowly reading over the threads on here to learn about as much as i can. Everyone has to start somewhere and here I am, a spunge, ready to learn. Please help, love games, need good gaming pc.

Thanks
Newbuilder

Edit: Please use proper thread titles. Thanks.
The best product is the product that fits your exact needs and fits your budget.

So for us to give you suggests, please tell us how much you're willing to spend (as we already know you want to game :D).

Gaming relies heavily on graphics card and processor capabilities. RAM, heat dissipation, HDD RPM speed, etc, all contribute to performance, but do not have as big of an impact as the GPU and CPU. Intel Core 2 Duo is the best CPU series right now. The 6600 is popular for about $360. A good video card is an ATI RADEON X1900XT for around $300 after rebates. The best card would be NVidia's 7950, but those are around $550. Then just get a compatible motherboard, power supply, some RAM, a Western Digital Raptor HDD, etc., to complete the package

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back