Need to find Toshiba Satellite A100-033 drivers? Do they still exist?

Hello all. I am very new here. By very new I mean this is my first time posting on a Tech forum. I very often search for answers and techspot.com appears a lot with solutions to practically every question I can think of.
Today I am stumped and running short on time.

My colleague from work, who is quite poor with computers and setting up and stuff, so I told him I would help him by removing Vista from his system and installing windows XP.
I know that this day and age I should be upgrading him to Windows 7, but I dont have that CD.

What I have done is this:

Installed a Windows XP Professional for a DELL onto his Toshiba Satellite A100-033.
I already knew (thanks to forums) that I would need to install the drivers for many of the devices after Windows XP installed. Oh I should mention, When installing XP I deleted the partition that originally hosted Vista, and formatted the drive to NTSF (forgive me if the arconym isnt exactly correct).
After installing XP, I searched Device Manager for the yellow ? marks. I currently have 7 yellows:

+ ? Other devices
- ? Ethernet Controller
- ? Ethernet Controller
- ? Mass Storage Controller
- ? PCI Device
- ? SM Bus Controller
- ? Video Controller
- ? Video Controller (VGA Compatible)

I have searched tirelessly for the drivers.
Toshiba website said thhis model is discontinued.
However, I thought I could find them somewhere else in the WWWeb.
Unfortunately I could not.
I found some unlicensed program which supposedly searches through your computer and identifies exactly which drivers are required then installs them.
This program failed to install (some error about a missing file), only after it failed to install I searched its properties to find it was unlicensed so i deleted it then and there.

Either way. End result.

I have a Toshiba Satellite A100-033 with Windows XP Professional installed and many devices without drivers.
Please can someone help, I dont know where to look anymore and I am due to return his laptop on Monday (3 days).

PS: I have access to uTorrent, but would prefer not to use unless required.

If the PC you are working on was bought with Vista pre-installed on, then installing XP should be ok as far as the hardware is concerned.
You can try a program to automatically do the searching for you, but it's not always 100% correct, and you may be left with a few to find.
This one seems to work fairly well;
http://www.driveridentifier.com/
You will need the product key that was supplied with the installation disc, to activate windows.
You should be able to get the Video card driver from either Nvidia or AMD (or SIS), from the information in 'Device manager'. the 'update driver' option can work, but sometimes has been known to download an old version of the driver.

To Mike

Mike,
After reading your post:
I have downloaded the program from the link. it has provided a list of drivers for each driver. It is taking a while to download each in turn, but I have high hopes. Looks like the right thing.

If those fail each driver has 10+ other download sites. and if those fail then the suggestions you have made afterwards I will try.

Thank you Mike, I will let you know after all 7 drivers are eventually downloaded and tried on the toshiba.

All done.

Mike. Thanks. I was able to find and download drivers for 4 out of 7 of the drivers I needed from this link.

The three were two graphics drivers that I ended up needing to search google with their specific names to find.

But the hardest one to find was the

Intel 82801GMS IHC7-M High Definition Audio Controller.

It was difficult because it turns out that many of the "Auto-detect drivers" type programs, such as the one you linked me to and others, state the name as that above.
HOWEVER, it turns out that the 82801 refers to some IOS-*something*. Anyways, it turned out the actual name was

Intel 945GT IHC7 Express Chipset

which by Realtek is named something close to: AC97 Audio Controller (*this name I cannot remember off the top of my head)

Anyways, Thanks again Mike, and I hope this helps anyone else.
It took me literally 7 hours of straight internet searching and research to discover the naming error dilema and many failed Driver attempts. So to anyone with a similar problem notice that the name
Intel 82801GMS IHC7-M is not the name you're actually needing.

But the hardest one to find was the

Intel 82801GMS IHC7-M High Definition Audio Controller.
Hi NotAWiseGeek

just happened to read your last post.. re: that HD Audio Controller. I'm glad to hear you got it fixed. You must have been running XP SP2 or earlier. The High Def Audio Controller driver is included in XP SP3 (and all versions of Vista and Win 7)

For HD Audio, things connect like this

Windows <===> HD Audio Contoller <===> HD Audio Devices

Once the audio controller is working Windows can detect HD devices (it's similar to Windows needs your USB controller to work before it can detect USB devices connected to it)

In any case, glad to hear you got it solved :grinthumb

Missing drivers.

I'm pleased to hear it worked. The automatic driver finder programs are good to a point. In the past I used one called 'Driver Easy' and it is very effective, BUT the free version is so slow (20 Kbits/sec) that it's not fair to point others towards it, unless you want to leave the pc on all night. The paid version has a fast D/L speed, and is no doubt worth paying for if many pc's need to be serviced.
Some drivers can be found on the pc maker's site, but the drivers can be specific to whatever O/S was installed at the time of manufacture, and it can be a problem installing (say) Win7, on an oldish pc, as the new O/S just doesn't support the older hardware. Sound drivers are an ongoing problem, and once the correct one is found it can be a good idea to save a version off the pc, in case of problems.
Once the PC is working as required, not a bad idea to save all the drivers off the pc using something like; http://www.boozet.org/dd.htm

Back