Camera on Toshiba laptop suddenly not working; appropriate drivers from Techspot

Hello,

My laptop camera suddenly stopped working. It was working and operating fine before but now it is not working. Every time I open the camera operation it says this error code: 0xA00F4244<NoCamerasAreAttached>

Specs of laptop:
Toshiba Satellite C55t - C5300
Windows 10 Home
Version 21H1

I did check my Device Manager and there's nothing that indicates that the camera is even installed. Also did the action Scan for Hardware Changes and nothing new shows up. So maybe I need to reinstall the driver. I checked out the Toshiba site which directed me to Dynabook & Toshiba Support. I wasn't able to find an appropriate driver because it did not say it was for the camera.

I then looked at this site, Techspot (which led me become a member btw). I searched for the appropriate drivers... and I guess I have found it(?). The name of the file is RealTek PC Camera driver 10.0.10586.11207 . Even then, after unzipping that cabinet file, I wasn't sure which file to open.

So another question for this problem is what driver do I download from this site and how do I install it? Thanks.

I think the driver won't help since you don't have any detection. Is there a device in the hardware list that shows an exclamation mark like this> !

Exactly..no exclamation mark no device detection. A driver won't help in that case. The only thing you can do is open it up and replace or trouble shoot the reason IE: not plugged in. A better idea is to use a separate plug in webcam.

Last edited:
If it is 5 years old than it is unlikely under warranty. I don't know if there is a BIOS setting for the camera where it has been disabled. Any hardware in the Device Manager that is 'unknown' that might be your camera. You could click 'Update Driver' and point the driver installer to the same folder where you unzipped the camera driver from Toshiba.

Back