Netflix is making a heist series called Jigsaw that you can watch in any order

Shawn Knight

Staff member
Recap: Netflix is no stranger to thinking outside of the box when it comes to content creation and distribution. The company toyed with a choose your own adventure format in Black Mirror: Bandersnatch and popularized binge watching with its all-at-once release schedule.

Sources familiar with the matter tell The Hollywood Reporter that Netflix has ordered a new thriller series called Jigsaw that’ll track the planning, execution and aftermath of a massive heist. The eight-part series will span 24 years in chronological order, but what’s interesting is how viewers will be able to consume each episode.

Rather than having to watch in a linear fashion, sources say viewers are free to watch the first seven episodes in any order they choose. Episode eight, the finale, ties everything up, we’re told. Neat, right?

Apparently the concept isn’t entirely original, as Paramount did something similar with true crime drama Interrogation last year. That series was canceled after just one season, however.

Jigsaw (no relation to the Saw franchise) will star Giancarlo Esposito (Breaking Bad), Paz Vega (Rambo: Last Blood) and Rufus Sewell (The Illusionist, The Man in the High Castle), and is said to be loosely based on a real-life story involving $70 billion in bearer bonds that were in danger during Hurricane Sandy.

The only concern I can foresee with a project like this is the potential for disconnect. Presumably, the stories told in the first seven episodes don’t overlap with each other or depend on one another. If you’ve got a bad memory like me and don’t watch the series in a timely fashion, it’s possible that you could forget some of what happened in other episodes.

Still, I’m intrigued, and look forward to checking it out. No word yet on a release date, however.

Permalink to story.

This is good because this might be the one series where people are encouraged not to worry so damn much about spoilers.

I am binge watching Breaking Bad right now. I'm almost to Season5. The show really is the best series ever. It's hard to say that because Sopranos was so good, but this is better.

Esposito is A-list. Can't wait for Far Cry 6

I am binge watching Breaking Bad right now. I'm almost to Season5. The show really is the best series ever. It's hard to say that because Sopranos was so good, but this is better.

Esposito is A-list. Can't wait for Far Cry 6

I totally get where you are coming from but celebs rarely have the same effect in games.

Most likely Esposito will be in random radio messages as you climb yet another tower or liberate yet another base or repeated radio messages in gunfights when your health gets too low (You are injured! Take cover!!) or you are spotted. It gets... old pretty fast.

How anyone can subscribe to Netflix after 'Cuties' is beyond me...
The thing with Netflix (and every other content provider on Earth) is that if you don't like something, you have the option to watch... wait for it... SOMETHING ELSE!

If you don't like Cuties (I've never even heard of it!), you can still enjoy Netflix for the thousands of hours of alternate content...

The thing with Netflix (and every other content provider on Earth) is that if you don't like something, you have the option to watch... wait for it... SOMETHING ELSE!

If you don't like Cuties (I've never even heard of it!), you can still enjoy Netflix for the thousands of hours of alternate content...
So you're still happy to fund an organization that makes such content?

So you're still happy to fund an organization that makes such content?
They make a LOT of content... I can choose what to watch... while I might not want to watch something, who am I (and by extension- YOU) to forbid someone else from watching it?

After doing some very cursory research, Netflix did NOT even make that film... it was an award winner at the Sundance Film Festival in 2020... Netflix simply purchased the rights to distribute it.

Will give you a little background...

Last edited:
They make a LOT of content... I can choose what to watch... while I might not want to watch something, who am I (and by extension- YOU) to forbid someone else from watching it?

After doing some very cursory research, Netflix did NOT even make that film... it was an award winner at the Sundance Film Festival in 2020... Netflix simply purchased the rights to distribute it.

Will give you a little background...
So if they started making neo-nazi films would you continue to subscribe? Basically how low would they have to go before you said no?

So if they started making neo-nazi films would you continue to subscribe? Basically how low would they have to go before you said no?
They did NOT make Cuties... they distributed it... and honestly, other than how they advertised it (which they retracted and apologized for), there isn’t much wrong with the film - at least according to reviews ... I have no interest in it, and having not seen it, can’t make a definitive statement..

No, if they made or distributed Nazi or other racist propaganda, I’d have a problem with them... but they haven’t done that nor does their seem to be much risk of it happening.

They did NOT make Cuties... they distributed it... and honestly, other than how they advertised it (which they retracted and apologized for), there isn’t much wrong with the film - at least according to reviews ... I have no interest in it, and having not seen it, can’t make a definitive statement..

No, if they made or distributed Nazi or other racist propaganda, I’d have a problem with them... but they haven’t done that nor does their seem to be much risk of it happening.
Distribute/produce/exchange, it all counts as far as I'm concerned and that film while supposedly about the grim reality of modern females youths goes way too far, much further than what was necessary to get the point across.

Distribute/produce/exchange, it all counts as far as I'm concerned and that film while supposedly about the grim reality of modern females youths goes way too far, much further than what was necessary to get the point across.
Did you watch it?

Back