Status
Not open for further replies.

sifguy1980

Ok I had a 2500XP barton 786 DDR 3200 ram all Kingston

Motherboard : A7n8X-E Deluxe
x800 pro from ATI

So I buy a 3200XP Barton and install it today first thing the machine says is

"cpu is overclocked"

I look in bios i have speed of processor I assume to 200 which is what it should be x 11.0.

But now everytime I log in all I get is rebooing...especially in video games...I even updated bios with most recent updates from asus and still problems...

I bought a new stick of 512 of kingston I had 1.2 DDR now i had to downgrade I dunno wth is wrong with my pc :/

51C/123F says my asus probe breaking point is 70.

if this is hot can anyone suggest any coolers?

I seen my pc boot at 38C :/

Ok I have 2 512 ddr 3200 Kingston Value RAM

I have these slots on my mobo

Black
Blue

Blue

his is how I have the ram installed

Black - 512
Blue - 512

Blue - nothing

Now I heard if I match the blue and blue it should work fine.

Does putting the one in blue and othr in low density slot make the pc crash while in high graphic games?

XP has a habit of just rebooting on error instead of showin you a blue screen. There is a way you can change this in the BIOS I think. That way it will display an error message.

What kind of power supply you using? 400W?

What kind of Video card?

if you use the 6800 you need about a 480w power supply.

Seems alittle hot doesn't it ....At no load my amd 64 3200 running 29c with load its about 50c tops. Did you use good paste when you switched chips? Second I would only use only one stick of ram to start eleminating problem areas. Start small work your way up. Mabe voltages also? Mabe reset bios to optimal performance? Clear cmos mabe also.

The temp is typical for an XP processor.

You should have matched pairs in the blue slots for dual channel compatibility.

Kingston and A7n-8x deluxe boards can give you this error. (CPU overclocked) My buddy has the same issue. Updating the bios and tweaking it a bit seemed to resolve it, tho I couldn't tell you exactly what we did to fix it.
1. See if you can try some non Kingston RAM.
2. Try just one stick o RAM, then add the matched pair, then add more...
3. Try uping the RAM, CPU and vid voltage (only a little, do not go overboard and fry parts of the system...)

Bug

If this truly is a compatability issue with the RAM, maybe some one would swap your RAM out for a different brand or something. I have seen complaints from people who have purchased their value RAM and found it does not overclock well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back