New custom computer won't turn on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just finished putting together my new rig yesterday and ran into a bit of trouble.
When i plug in the power line to the power supply and turn it on, nothing happens. The only visible change is the light on the back of the PSU turns on and on the mobo you can see the Standby Power LED flash for half a second and turn off. The fans don't turn on, nothing else besides the Standby Power LED flashes.
The specs are:
EVGA 790i mobo
1200 watt power supply
EVGA 9800GX2 video card
Armor case, can't remember the model right now, i'll look it up if necessary
2 DVD drives
2x 500gig harddrives
Intel core 2 quad 45nm chip at 2.5 mghz

Any help would be greatly appreciated as all i can think of right now is purchase a new power supply

Don't you just hate when this happens?

Yeah, I would try a new power supply. You seem to have quite a bit in there, and that 1200 watt PSU probably isn't enough.

Not enough? Didn't think of that. Tomorrow i'll be testing out a 1000 watt PSU just to see if i can get the mobo+cpu+video card to turn on, i'll do a little more research about how many watts i should need and get back to you

so does anyone have any suggestions as to why im only getting the blue standby led flash for half a second besides the psu, or do we think that it must be the psu?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back