i cann't run many games on it

Win Xp_pro_SP2
DX9

can I change this Graphic Card
or add another one..

or overlaod it

what can i do?

need help please

Buying a better laptop that advertises game playing ability is your only option other than adding more memory to your Toshiba laptop

90% of laptops cannot have graphics updated except for some very high end systems. You have integrated graphics. IF you want to play games, build a desktop.

rik said:
It's a laptop, you can only upgrade ram and hard drive, nothing else.
You can upgrade the processor most of the time too, just on some latops its a pain in the *** to get to.

I used to game on my laptop with intel gfx, (got it in 2001). The best thing you can do is get the newest graphics drivers - an updated version for me emulated hardware T&L, making hw2 playable.

Other than that, get a new comp. The best games you can play (play = will run) on that are half life 2, homeworld 2 and morrowind. But there are still plenty of older games that rock - morrowind, homeworld (full series), half life 1 + expansions, etc.

BTW, sometimes to make fps better, you can force settings lower than their supposed to go - I played hw2 with 640x480 resolution. But now im rockin on my sweet desktop :D

Many "lesser" laptops don't have removable CPU's neither are they upgradable without changing the motherboards... which is cost prohibitive

Well, im not sure if my laptop (2Ghz celeron, intel graphics that use 64mb of ram) qualifies as "lesser", but I could upgrade the CPU with minimal problems. Theres a panel on the bottom that allows access to the cpu and heatsink (admittedly with those funky star shaped screws), but after that it is easy.

2GHz CPU with 64MB of shared vRAM is "lesser" for sure... Your CPU access port os a sign of a "lesser" system too. The type and make of the laptops motherboard will determin if the processor is upgradeable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back