New PC build.. is this all compatible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmarshall292

ok guys after about over a month of reviewing, deciding, and making many many choices heres what ive come up with and sometime today im going to purchase these parts so if yall have any better ideas or anything let me know thankyou!!

Mobo -Asus p6t Deluxe Edition

Memory- x2 Corsair 6GB DDR3 1600mhz triple channel kit

Processor- i7 950

Case- Antec 1200 ATX

CPU Cooler- Dark Knight s1283u

PSU- 1200w thermotake modular psu

HDD- x2 Velociraptor 150gb 10,000 RPM, x1 32gb ssd for my os

GPU- x2 Geforce gtx 295 co-op editions in sli

total-around $3500

well thats it!!?!?!?

any comments

The i7 920 is a better buy compared to the 950, especially if you are in the US. Microcenter is selling them for $200 for an in-store pickup; a fantastic bargain IMO.

I would recommend WD Caviar Black HDD(s) instead of the VelociRaptors; the latter wear out very fast. Use the money left over to get a larger SSD to hold your OS and games\apps.

Two GTX 295s are a complete waste of cash; one is enough to run any game maxed out at 2560x1600, which is the maximum resolution you can get with any monitor IIRC.

Drop down to a cheaper motherboard like the GA-EX58-UD3R; you don't lose any essential features and still retain a lot of OCing headroom.

A single GTX 295 would also enable you to get by with a lower-rated PSU; great choices would be the Corsair HX750 and the Seasonic M12 700W. Modular, and stellar power delivery to boot.

Your other choices look fine IMO.

I'll go with what Rage says. Also consider looking into the HD 5870 (or the HD 5870 X2 when it's released.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back