New processor and RAM won't work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zilliak

So i put in my new processor. Phenom2 550BE...everytrhings great. TIll i press the power button. THen it wont even post. So i remove it. Try it again. So i remove the ram and leave one stick on the 3rd slot. IT WORKS> SO i test the other stick and remove the other one. IT WORKS>So i put it in dual channel. FAIL. Some reason, i cant run dual channel anymore and i can only run 1 stick at a time ...OCCUPY only one dimm module at a time, Thats it. So im wondering what can i do to fix this.
Motherboard. Geforce 8200a
Ram: WIntec 800mhz with H/sinks ddr2
All bios are up to date. and this just happend so idk what to do. Ram worked fine till i put phenom 2 in.

Replace you old processor and see if original setup still works. and check to see if your processor settings in Bios art auto config or if you need to adjust FSB, and other Frequencies to match your new processor.

Post more information, graphics card? sound card? When trying to solve a problem/ask for assistance.

are you placing the RAM correctly? spacing them apart by 1 slot? put them in 1 and 3.

It could likely be your RAM is DOA or it has the wrong voltage for your mobo, haven't seen this happen except 1 time and that had 4 sticks in all with a little bit too high of voltage and that made me have to take 1 GB out, so I think it may be the voltages.

Go into your BIOS and set your RAM voltage and speed a tiny bit lower and see if they work, then try running them at 667 instead of 800 and drop the voltage a little more, i think this may fix your problem, happens sometimes with old mobos with new ram.

Okay so the board itself is broken dimm slots 2 and 4 are fried only 1 and 3 work, ive checked everything and the ram is supported. Ecs said the board is done and they will rma it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back