Newb has booting problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All,

I just registered and the first thing I did was use the search option to see if I could investigate my booting problem by looking for others that have the same issue. I won't ask the same questions, but I will as for a general process/guideline on what I should do. Fair enough? :)

Symptoms:

I power up computer - fans, hd, lights in case go on, fans on cpu and fans on video car go on, but I am not getting any output from my keyboard/mouse or am I getting a video signal to my monitor. I do not hear the beep that is normally associated when I normally boot the machine.

What have I done so far - I replaced the 350w p/s with a new 500w p/s. Same problem. I reseated everything including the video card, hd, and memory. I disconnected the hd and tried to boot..same problem. I disconnected everything except the video card (agp 6600 OC) and still nothing. I reininstalled the memory, but reinstalledthe video card and I finally get the motherboard to send off some beeps to me. I also removed the cmos battery..waited a hour and reinstalled it. Same problem.

What do you guys think will be the next step? Should I completely remove the motherboard out of the case and then start adding the parts? Could a single video card cause all this? Or could the hd be bad (does make sound though) to cause this boot problem. What is the general quideline in trouble shooting this thing (steps to take)?

Sorry for the newb questions (I admit it..I AM a newb :angel: )

Please list your parts, in detail.

In particular I am wondering about your motherboard make/model and the ram speed you are trying to use.

Please also include CPU info, as well as maker of your PSU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back