Newcomer and techno thicko

I've got problems everywhere on my computor. My friend Spike usually fixes it, but for some reason we can't get remote assistance to work. I know absolutely nothing about the technical side of things :( . If I ask for help, which might happen a lot, you will have to explain in ***** terms

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

We need to know your system specs I.E The make and model of your motherboard/graphicscard/soundcard/hard drive/ammount of ram/what version of Windows you are running etc etc.

You can put this information into your user profile(edit profile).

If you don`t know what your specs are then maybe your friend can let you know.

We also need to know what problems you are having.

You should post these in the appropriate forum I.E Windows OS forum etc.

You can also use the search facility at the top of the page to search for problems and read the replies.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

he he. Welcome to techspot WW! ;)

I'll have to check your computer physically for the precise info, but for now I can tell you..

AMD Duron 1600
10GB and 3 GB hard disk
DDR RAM (can't remember how much)
CD RW and CD ROM

I honestly can't remember what else I've done to your hardware - that's the trouble with 'mix and match with what's lying around' jobs.

Running windows XP SP2 and IE6 SP1.

BTW WW, RA won;t work on my machine because I have bigger but intermittant problems with it I haven't fixed. Time for a repair!

I still don't know why it wouldn't run from the internet slave on my network, but my best guess is it's a problem at my end, or the spyware you have, or some such. If you've finished following RBS's spyware removal thread, post your HJT log file into the Windows OS forum in a new thread. Failing that, wit untill you can get your car down the motorway again, and I'll sort it then. 'Tis up to you. :unch:

Spike, I knew there was a reason I luvs ya so much, your an angel babe, I managed after a long while to follow ther instructions on the thread, don't know if it sorted everything but pc is now a lot faster, thanks for pointing me in the right direction babe. Me and my pc will see you soon for and M.O.T. thought. ;)

Back