nForce 2.45 setup problem on ASUS A7N8X Deluxe

Status
Not open for further replies.
WHen I try to run the nForce 2.45 setup, i see the splash screen for a brief moment and then the setup quits.

My system is WinXP SP1 + Radeon 9700 + Bios 1007
If i try to uninstall the current nForce audio drivers first, on reboot, i get no display and i have to use the WinXP system restore.

Any ideas about this problem? Any help appreciated!

Thanks!

Well, I don't have XP, nor do I have a 9700, but I can't imagine that either of those are a problem. I am using 2.45 drivers and they work fine. Have you tried downloading the drivers again? It's possible you just have a corrupt download. I can't think of anything that would cause your problem. Maybe turn off anti-virus software first, but that's never even been a problem for me with McAfee.

Thanks

Thanks for the suggestion. At this point, anything is worth a try. I did disable my antivirus software at the time

A friend of mine has an abit nf7-s (rev 1.2), and he has the exact same problem. I tried turning off all the norton anti virus stuff that was running, still nothing. Did anyone figure out how to fix this without completely reinstalling?

nope no luck. I tried with the new version 3.13 same thing...one of the things i did with 2.45 is to manually update some of the drivers by going to the device manager and running update driver for some of the hardware components. THat seems to work but i don't get the new control panel

Yeah driver version made no difference for my friend either. I recently read on another forum the following:

"Well firstly make sure you have SP1, 2ndly go to where the UDP was extracted (default is c:\nvidia\...) and choose win2k compatibility on the setup.exe" -nforcershq.com

So I'm going to try that next time I'm over at his place, it apparently works for some people...He already has sp1 I know that much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back