No Backup

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr500

Why do I have a back up option in xp pro and NOT in XP Home? Need to pull files over from another machine. Tried all the other ways (cable,Mini Disk etc..)nothing is working for me.

mr500 said:
Why do I have a back up option in xp pro and NOT in XP Home?

You do, it is just not a default installation in WinXP Home. Insert your WinXP Home Installation CD and browse to the folder "value added." Open the folder, or double click on it, and it will install ntbackup in the system tools folder in Accessories.

To access it go to Start/All Programs/Accessories/System Tools/ntbackup.

because you paid more for XP pro to use it!

However home also has it ( secret suprise)

Ok

Ok. This XP is preloaded from DELL, but i can trail my way through the files and find it. I tried the old way of loading win components, as in win 98 but did not seem to work/find what I was looking for so I will go back at it again and see what I can come up with!!

borrow a winxp cd off a mate.. if you got a licence sticker on the machine then your good to go..

mr500 said:
Ok. This XP is preloaded from DELL, but i can trail my way through the files and find it. I tried the old way of loading win components, as in win 98 but did not seem to work/find what I was looking for so I will go back at it again and see what I can come up with!!

I you have a Dell Reinstallation CD, the Value Added folder is on it. Just insert the CD while you are in Windows, select Browse the CD, find and open up the Value Added folder, and install ntbackup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back