No Display

Ok so I have a computer about 2 months old. I have always had it hooked up to my tv with an hdmi cable. Well I switched that hdmi cable over to my xbox. I then switched it back to my computer and now nothing is displaying on my tv. I tried restarting and removing power supply and nothing seemed to work. I took the computer monitor out of my sisters room and hooked it up to my PC and nothing displayed there either. The monitor would just say going to power saving mode. I know that the VGA wire is connected correctly because when I remove it the monitor shows a message saying "no vga detected, going into power save mode". and when I plug in the vga it just simply say going into power save mode. I tried pushing keys on keyboard and moving mouse and such and nothing happens. anyone know whats happening and how to fix this?

Is it just that the TV says `No Signal'?
Does the computer do/say anything when you try to plug in the HDMI/VGA?
It could be your screen resolution is too high or low for the TV to detect so I'd try different ones.
Or it might be a problem with your graphics card? - you may need a driver update...
But as Cobalt006 said you need to give more details on the system etc.

Back