No longer capable of changing the DVD region on DVD drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have added some dvd's to my ipod, some region 1 some region 2, I have 1 more change left on my computer however I keep getting an error messege saying....

Unable to update region setting. Please make sure driver contains a region 2 media and you have administration privilege'

you may have to explain things simply! not very good with computers here

David

I hate it when Ipods start failing.

Not truely sure as to what could be causing that error message. Where does the message occur? under Itunes?

Help

I have an 80 gb Ipod and bought some software to enable me to put movies onto my Ipod [Cucusoft DVD to Ipod Convertor]
The error messege appears when I try to convert a DVD!

Any help at all will do! lol

Hmm... Maybe you're Ipod is full? If thats not the case, its always a safe bet to try restarting the computer.

Turn off the computer, unplug your ipod, wait 60 seconds or so, turn on the computer, plug in the Ipod, and try the software again.

If you get an error message saying you need administrator access, make sure you are the administrator :)

Its not my Ipod! its got plenty of space left its the computer! it wont even let me play any DVDs now from region 2!

thanks for ur help and ur prompt replys
David

Hrmm...

What do you mean by region 2? have you partitioned your Ipod?
Worst comes to worst you could always go ask a Mac Genius at the Apple store.

You have a certain amount of region changes that you can do on your DVD drive. It seems you have reached your limit & can no longer change the region. You would have to update the firmware with a non-official one in order to remove the region entirely but you will lose the warranty on the drive.

Didou seems to be right. An alternative is to use AnyDVD. It will allow you to play any DVD on your PC while you keep it running in the background without having to resort to region-changing.

1. It is very foolish to post your email in a public forum due to spambot programs that harvest email addresses.

2. DVD drives can have their region changed a finite number of times after which you can no longer change them without a firmware update - you need to send it to the manufacturer. Considering DVD drives are relatively cheap it would be better just to buy a new one.

Hello All!!

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum but came across it through Google because I've borrowed a region 1 DVD from a friend (my PC is region 2). I've never changed the region since getting my player so have 4 changes remaining, yet I too am getting the same message. Any takers?

littlehawk, are you saying you tried to manually change the region and it wouldn't do so?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back