No sound from my speakers

Hello guys. I am facing a strange audio problem. Wenever i play a song, der is no sound frm my speakers. I hav reinstalled the sound drivers many times, but in vain. Everything was gud somedays back. One day, suddenly a long beep came n this problem started. Moreover, the song smoothly goes till 30s, then jumps to 2 min, then 2 min 45 sec n finishes. Plz help.

Don't know about the second.Maybe try using another media player just to check if windows madia player is faulty.About the second one: Do you get sound on other stuff or the problem is on music files?Whatever is happening i recomend you to do System Restore.It had fixed my sound when i accidentaly deleted the drivers.It might restore the serttings that made your pc not having sound.

Start\Program files (Or all Programs for Vista/7)\Accessories\System tools\System Restore

*But do not forget to restore your systems before the day you faced the problem

Are you using onboard audio or a audio card? I am assuming this is a desktop computer with external speakers. You can test the speakers if you have an mp3 player or portable cd player with a 1/8" jack...just plug the speakers into it and check for sound...if no sound the speakers are bad...if you do get sound the problem is in the pc. The drivers may be corrupted so go into device manager and disable the audio driver then reboot your pc and let windows reinstall the drivers. Good luck and let us know what you have tried if nothing is still working.

I use altec lansing speakers and they r fine, and a creative sb pci sound card..its been more than a month i hav been facing this problem and hence i hav no restore point too. i tried my luck in i-tunes but got the same result..moreover, even videos take time to play and hd movies play after many long and dat too slowly..plz help

Back