No sound

Status
Not open for further replies.
No sound after combinding 2 diff computers

I combined two computers to get one that would log on the net, have good graphics, and more memory. But now I have no sound. This happened befor but that was befor I combined the two computers. I was able to get sound back by using the HP Riptide Audio/Modem ComboCard Update. But now I have the modem from my HP Pavilion and the modem from the Pentium II running. My computer found the audio devices in My Computer Properties, but they had the yellow !. There are 5 devices all together that have the yellow ! and they are all under the "Other Devices" + sign. Can I use the same combo card I used to restore my sound last time or will it screw up my computer?

Yellow exclamations mean unrecognized Driver/hardware.I would first remove one of the modems or at least disable the devices and then enable them 1 at a time .After installing the correct Drivers.
Remember Companies likr HP use specific hardware and drivers on tested platforms . you may have trouble getting the Drivers to work in a configuration they were not designed for.
You only need 1 modem Right ? So just install 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back