No System sounds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samson48

Hi all, I seem to have lost my System sounds but all the other media sounds are still there like for Games and Music, so I figured it had nothing to do with my sound card.

I've got Windows XP Pro with Service Pack 2 installed on my computer, I checked to see if the sounds had been turned off but found they haven't and now I'm at my wits end at trying to find out whats wrong with this thing.

Any help will be appreciated,

Thank You.

Samson48.

Hi Kimsland, I done a full Viruses/Spyware check and it come back clean, so I guess I'll give the sound drivers a go, thank you Spyder_1386 for that, if this doesn't work then your guess is as good as mine to resolve this problem.

Samson48.

Ok, I done the Virus\spyware check and it came back clean, I also updated my sound drivers to see if that would help and it did not, the system sounds just don't want to go. This really bothers me because I don't really know where else to look to fix it.

Samson48.

Try this.

Click Start>Run

Type "services.msc"

Make sure "Windows Audio" is "Started"

If it isn't, then right-click it and click Start

Hi Freythman, I checked to see if the Windows Audio had started and it was ok, but now I'm wondering if I'm missing a file, for this to happen.

Hey Samson48

You could try running Chkdsk on your system. Run the Repair tool on your Windows CD to fix any files that might have gone missing.

Spyder_1386 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back