No video output on brand new machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

t1z

I just purchased a brand new bare bones machine. The machine came with the motherboard, processor, and power supply with no OS installed. I installed windows XP and all of the updates. After installing the OS I proceeded to change out the power supply from a 350watt(which came with the machine), to a 750watt which I bought separately. After installing the new power supply I no longer get any video output whatsoever. I was wondering if this would be a problem with the power supply that I installed or possibly something else. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

t1z

I have done that a couple of times so I know that that isn't the problem. I am going to put a different power supply in and see if that makes a difference and then I will get back.

t1z

Yes it does have on-board video. So I put the original power supply back in the the machine and it worked just fine. Is the 750watt PSU messed up or something else?

Rik

Short the green wire to any black wire and the psu should start up, if it doesn't, then its dead.

t1z

The computer starts up just fine, it even posts properly. There just isn't any video output when I use that 750watt PSU.

Status
Not open for further replies.