norton antivirus 2005 problem~ plz help

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi..
i have norton 2005 and i've got a few issues i just cant seem to resolve.
A- it keeps comin up with a trojan virus and som adware threts which apparently can neither be quaratined nor deleted. ive tried to resolve this issue via the instructions on the support site. all in vain.
B- as soon as i click on view activity log it says norton antivirus has encountered a problem and though the software dsonet close down i still canot view the activity log , hence i dont know where tehse viruses/threats are breeding.

can anyone plz come up with some/any solution??
thanks.
ps: ive already tried the safe mode and disabling of secure points and then run the scan...dosnet help. the only way lft is to manually del teh entries from the registry....dont know how if the activity log dosnet open!

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Just to be on the safe side go HERE and follow the instructions carefully. Print them out if you can.

Once you have done that, go HERE for instructions on how to post your Hijackthis log.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

help please.

hi im new to here.

i'm having problems when i log in into my comp. a message comes out

Norton protection
repairing log c.

and it takes forever and the computer doesn't full boot up.
and then a message comes out
saying:
norton protection is not working properly and needs to close.

but its like if my computer freezes.
what can i do.

hi howard...yer method(s) were errror proof!
i mean my systems rockin at this point, its fast clean and best of all my norton logfile (which was the initial issue) is workin perfect!!
thanks fer the lengthy (yet extremely efficient) advice....good job keep it up

after all has been said and done i have one more issue i'd want to bother u with...
comp is completely clean no probs watsoever.....STILL...mozilla firefox v1.0.4 takes a min of 7-10 seconds to load on teh first go...is this a normal thing or do i need to do something abt it...if so...plz advise
thanks once again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back