Norton & Spy Sweeper cause computer to freeze, monitor goes white with vertical lines

Status
Not open for further replies.

Can someone please give me some advice. I got this HP computer last year when my father passed away it was only a year old. I had subscribed to Norton online and computer was working fine. Then one day when I ran Nortons scan the computer froze and monitor became white with vertical lines. Been doing it ever since. I took it to a computer shop and they said there were too many trial subscriptions left for my dad and wiped out almost everything including my documents that I had wanted to save. I purchased Norton and Spy Sweeper and again paid for another subscription but still having the freeze when I try to run Norton or spysweeper monitor goes white and have to reboot. Everytime I try to scan same problem. Please advise. Thank you.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

It`s quite possible you have a software conflict of some kind. However, just in case you have malware on your system, please do the following.

Go and read this thread HERE, then post a HJT log as an attachment into this thread.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of vlb only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back