Can my PC cause my monitor to break?

I have this pc and I just bought a new monitor because my old monitor just went dead like it has white screen, I know the problem is the monitor since when I tried to power it without the pc its still white or dead. now I have the same problem with my new monitor but it started with white lines, now its dead the same with my old one no display just black screen or whited.
Everything parts are new except for my processor and I dont use graphics card im using built in the PC graphics card.

Anyone know this kind of problem?
Thanks for your help

I have not seen a PC kill a monitor...but it sounds like the problem is in the PC if you have 2 dead monitors back-to-back. Too bad you don't have a way of connection one of the dead monitors to a known-good PC....

I haven't seen a pc break a monitor either (30 years experience).

I can think of some possibilities:
Possible:
failing video cable - if it has been bent sharply the internal structure of the cable maybe compromised causing shorts

Terrible local power supply from the wall - try using a UPS instead also, you will want a GOOD surge pressor before the ups.

Highly unlikely:
bad mainboard or power supply allowing voltage spikes down the video cable

Are their strong vibrations like from a passing train, subway, trucks, etc?
If it is really cheap lcd maybe the cfl bulb is getting shaken to death (grasping at straws here...)

Troubleshooting:
Get a good surge suppressor and replace it every two years, get a good UPS. ($30 + $100)
Get a new video cable ($10-20) then treat it nicely - no sharp bends, no tension
Install a known good, used, video card instead of onboard video. ($50 to $300 depending on luck)

Move monitor to another machine, maybe the IT where you work or a friend would be nice enough to hook it up to spare machine and see what the result is.

Make sure the monitor is on a safe, firm, platform where it won't get knocked around.

I haven't seen a pc break a monitor either (30 years experience).

I can think of some possibilities:
Possible:
failing video cable - if it has been bent sharply the internal structure of the cable maybe compromised causing shorts

Terrible local power supply from the wall - try using a UPS instead also, you will want a GOOD surge pressor before the ups.

Highly unlikely:
bad mainboard or power supply allowing voltage spikes down the video cable

Are their strong vibrations like from a passing train, subway, trucks, etc?
If it is really cheap lcd maybe the cfl bulb is getting shaken to death (grasping at straws here...)

Troubleshooting:
Get a good surge suppressor and replace it every two years, get a good UPS. ($30 + $100)
Get a new video cable ($10-20) then treat it nicely - no sharp bends, no tension
Install a known good, used, video card instead of onboard video. ($50 to $300 depending on luck)

Move monitor to another machine, maybe the IT where you work or a friend would be nice enough to hook it up to spare machine and see what the result is.

Make sure the monitor is on a safe, firm, platform where it won't get knocked around.
Thank you for the help, im also thinking of replacing my vga cable its really old and and gonna try to use another outlet, and use a UPS, there is no vibration out here since I live in a rural area, And I dont know if its the Power supply since its still like new. Bought it 3 months ago but wasn't really able to use it because I was away then.
Im really suspecting the cable or our power outlet.

Follow up question if my power supply or mainboard is having power surge, doesn't it should toasts my other components like SSD? Or atleast the PC wont be working properly? Because it doesn't seem off to me looks working fine.

Really appreciate the answers!

Like I said, shots in the dark. Sometimes you just need a hand going over all the possibilities.
Considering the VGA cable is old that is likely the cause of the issue.
I recommend switching to a digital interface such as Displayport or HDMI but depending on the age of the monitor then DVI will also work just fine.

Another thought and a very common problem too...which processor do you have there? You mentioned everything is new and you mentioned you using the graphics from the motherboard. A common issue is that new PC builders don't realize that the graphics ports on the motherboard only function if the CPU has a graphics card built in. A lot of Ryzen builders are getting caught on this.

Another thought and a very common problem too...which processor do you have there? You mentioned everything is new and you mentioned you using the graphics from the motherboard. A common issue is that new PC builders don't realize that the graphics ports on the motherboard only function if the CPU has a graphics card built in. A lot of Ryzen builders are getting caught on this.
Im using AMD a8 6600k, its an old one but I think it supports it? Might aswell get graphics card while im at it. Though my AVR is really old too, the on and off button is stuck to on even if I press off it doesnt turn off, I had to take out the plug everytime and idk if its also the culprit, im hesitant to use my AVR since it might be not working properly anymore, but still use it since I thought im still able to use it. But I'll definitely replace it with a new one. Thanks for your help

Ahh ok well the AMD A8 6600K does have a built in Radeon video card but that processor is for the FM2 socket...I am surprised you could buy all new parts around that CPU. It has been a good long while since the FM2 chipset was used in motherboards.

IF AVR is referring to your PC case you indeed do not want the ON switch to be stuck on because all that does is cause problems. The ON switch on a PC only briefly shorts 2 pins on the motherboard to start up a PC.

Back