Norton System Works 2003 don't run anymore... Any hint, please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

franklogus

Hi all !

I need some advice about one strange behaviour of my Anti-Virus Software (Norton System Works 2003). Since last week, I can't more open it using right-click on the tray yellow icon. And it DO NOT open more, even if I use the respective shortcut of the desktop.

In orden to acess its functions (only the basic ones), I need to open my Norton Internet Security (via right-click) and go to the tab Norton Anti-Virus. Even by this path, I can't more to acess some of the features of NAV, as Norton Utilities, Norton CleanSweep, etc... It DO NOT Launch NORTON SYSTEM WORKS... Currently, I just can to do a rough verification of virus of the system, nothing more....

I have already uninstalled it and re-installed, but the odd problem goes on... Very sad and weird!!

As an additional information, I didn't installed anything new on my system, so, I have no clue about this sudden malfunction.

What should I do to fix this mysterious problem? I have already done the radical option (uninstall), but no success...

Any information / hint would be very appreciated!

Thanks in advance for any help!

PS: My back-up PC basic spec is:

- Processor: P4 2.8 533 MHz
- MoBo: Asus P4S800D
- RAM: 1.024 MB DDR 333 (Kingston Value Ram) - 04 sticks of 256 MB each one.
- Video Card: MSI Radeon 9800 PRO
- 02 HDDs: 01 Maxtor 120 GB, 7200 rpm, ATA-133 + 01 Seagate 40 GB, 7200 rpm, ATA-100

The only "hint" I can give is to not fix it! UnInstall it and use something else....like AVG for example.

Just my .02 cents though.....

sounds like some system files got corrupt.
run disk doctor.

otherwise you'll have to reinstall it.

Thanks for your replies, halo71 & Tedster!

I have done a deep scan on-line for viruses, spywares, malwares, etc, but I didn't find anything...

So, I guess your supposition is the most probable, Tedster. Must be some corrupt file(s) (perhaps some dll), which I can't find which is...

I uninstalled and re-installed NSW 2003 for 5 times (!!), and the issue kept on! I can't open NAV rigth-clicking on the tray icon, and can't access any Norton Utilities (only via Windows Explorer, going to sub-folders and double-clicking the respective .exe files... Very "hard-working"... LOL...). I only access NAV via Norton Internet Security Tab, and ONLY for scan system for viruses...

I installed the Norton System Works 2004 (and Norton Internet Security 2004), but the problem keeps on, too... Very sad... My Windows registry must be a "mishmash" with so much inst and uninst...

Well, I think I will have to live together with this issue, because I have already paid for this software, and I like it; Norton Utilities are great, IMO...

Anyways, txs a lot for your attention, buddies! Must be some Windows issue....

Best regards!

search the Norton site for problems uninstalling NAV. it's a known issue
and a mess to uninstall/reinstall successfully. :blackeye:
Because of this and other issues, many are recommending OEM products like AVG. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back