Not able to load the OS

Status
Not open for further replies.

san77

Hi All,

I have a problem in my system. I am not able to see anything on my screen not even blue screen. Win Xp was installed in my system. I have already checked the monitor, its working fine. I am not able to figure out why the OS is not loading . when i start the system nothing happens , black screen.
I thought of re-installing XP but even when i am inserting a bootable CD nothing is working out.

Help me out.

Does your system POST when it switches on?

If so, does the POST text appear on the monitor screen? (IE, the memory check, drive detection etc?

Does the XP boot screen show at all?

how long have you left it to load after powering up?

Nothing appears on the screen. I am not able to figure out also whether the system is doing the post check or not.

OK.

1,when you power up your system, the first thing you will notice is the power light come on on the front.

2, you hear the CPU and powersupply fans spin up

3, you hear the system speaker beep, if connected.

4, your hard drives spin up, followed by your cd drives (at least, that's how it usually works). somewhere along the line all your drives flash their lights. including your floppy drive.

does any of this happen? if so, how much of it?

Spike,

what all steps you have mentioned everything is working fine. Please see my comments below marked in bold.

1,when you power up your system, the first thing you will notice is the power light come on on the front. - Seems Working

2, you hear the CPU and powersupply fans spin up - Working
3, you hear the system speaker beep, if connected. - No idea

4, your hard drives spin up, followed by your cd drives (at least, that's how it usually works). somewhere along the line all your drives flash their lights. including your floppy drive. - Yes Drives are flashing the lights excluding Floppy drive.

OK. It seems fairly likely that your system is POSTing then.

The first thing I would check, before going any further, is that your graphics card (if applicaple) is connected properly.

What system have you got? Is it one you built yourself, or one you bought? It would be useful if you could give your system Specs.

ok Spike,

Specs:

Intel P 4 - Processor
Motherboard - HIS
128 MB RD RAM
40 GB HDD - ?
CD Dirve - Samsung

I got a inbuilt in graphics card.

One more thing spike.

If i dont connect the data cable to monitor it displays the message the data cable is not connected.

Still looking for information on your mainboard.

I know very little about RD RAM, or pentium mainboards.

Still, to me, having experienced a similar problem when I installed an A7n8x in my computer a few weeks ago, it sounds like it could potentially be a RAM problem.

Did you say you built this system yourself?

Also, do you have any history on this system, ie, did it run ok before this happened, were there any problems or possible symptoms before it happened, have you made any upgrades, that sort of thing.

It may be that Someone else will have to pick up on this rather than myself, but at least all the information is there if that turns out to be the case.

How come nobody checked the obvious?
Borrow another monitor, including the monitor-cable.
One of those is defect. (or you did not switch on the monitor....)

If i dont connect the data cable to monitor it displays the message the data cable is not connected.

It means that monitor and data cable are alright

Ahem! :blush: lol

san77 said:
I have already checked the monitor, its working fine.

I suppose I did forget to ask if it had been turned on though. :D

S'ok RBS. You had me thinking for a moment that maybe I'd assumed the monitor was working, but no, he/she said it was.

san77 said:

It means that monitor and data cable are alright

AH! It's LIKELY that that means the monitor is working properly, but not certain. The only way to be absolutely sure is to plug it into another computer, or to try a different monitor that's known to work in your machine.

It's not necessarily the answer to the problem, but perhaps worth checking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back