Not enough memory available to complete this operation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Char_X

Hello.
I have a very annoying problem. Sometimes (not always and not often) when I try to connect to any computer on my local network the error massage appears:
"You have not rights to access this network resource. Ask your administrator etc, bla-bla-bla. Not enough memory available to complete this operation. "
This error occurs rarely and suddenly and vanishes suddenly as well. I can't repeat it by myself. But it is very annoying because I can't connect to all computers in LAN.
I know that it occurred in my current and previous fresh installed Windows XP PRO SP2 (there are the same OSes with the same keys, I just reinstalled it). I also changed my HDD recently and this problem is with the new one too.
The only thing Microsoft.com advises is to close all applications but it doesn't help of course.
My PC configuration:

120GB HDD
256 RAM
1700 Intel Celeron
GeForce 440 MX video card
Chaintech 9BJD motherboard

Can you help me?
Thank you!

I`d suggest getting another stick of ram, so that you have at least 512MB.

Then see if the problem continues.

Regards Howard :)

howard_hopkinso said:
I`d suggest getting another stick of ram, so that you have at least 512MB.

Then see if the problem continues.

Regards Howard :)

Well, I thought about it but I'm not going to buy any hardware now and my comp fully suites me... And I don't want to buy anything only in order to clarify that the problem was in something else eventually...
In my estimation this computer configuration has to be enough.. I saw that all worked fine on other much more weak machines..

Maybe can be any other ideas? Why might this problem occur else?

it is most likely referring to Virtual memory, not real memory.
have you checked for freespace available?
empty your browser cache and download directories,
\documents and settings\_your_login_id\Local Settings\Temp
(empty the trash immediately)

Thank you for your reply!
I'll try it (I'm at work now).
Some more things I've noticed.
First of all this problem hasn't vanished yet as it used to disappear before.
Second comp works fine if I disable ALL 'User Name' processes except IExplorer.
Third ONLY local network freezes or gives error message about memory, all internet sites works but...
...Forth I can't open links in Google results. I.e. when I click them it just occurs nothing...
I know that I can solve this problem by reinstalling Windows but it's a temporary decision because it already occurred in previous installations. I think the problem is very deep and not simple...
Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back