Not starting even in Safe mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

UltimoAviso

hey guys,

so this is a strange issue and any ideas would help and ill try anything here.

So i start up this laptop and the hp screen comes up and loads, then it goes to the safe mode option screen, and no matte what option i choose (even last known good config.) windows begins to load, then it shows an error for literally like .1 of a second then goes back to the hp splash screen. in regular mode it loads the winxp splash screen and the bar goes through once then stops at the beginning again (then i see this split second error screen) the back to the hp splash.

this has me confused because i tried doing an xp repair from disc and it said no HD was found (yet somehow i can get the xp splash screen). I did a HD check in the bios and it came out good on both tests, i tried to access the recovery partition from the hp screen and it doesnt recognize the hotkey (ive tried em all).

no. no viruses and the last driver was over a month ago and worked fine after that up until yesterday.

I made a video of what its doing [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82Jlo4SZMc8"]here[/ame]

yea i tried this, but did it again just to be sure.

setup did not find any hard disk drives isntalled on your computer.

(i though it migh not be fully connected so i put a foam wedge to push the hd in a bit more, still no luck :dead:

Looks like the computer is blue screening.
After the HP logo press F8 and choose Disable automatic restart on system failure.
Let us know what the error code is.

Repair XP Setup wise, in the bios look for AHCI and put it in legacy mode.

Looks like the computer is blue screening.
After the HP logo press F8 and choose Disable automatic restart on system failure.
Let us know what the error code is.

Repair XP Setup wise, in the bios look for AHCI and put it in legacy mode.

i couldnt find AHCI in the bios

the error is asking me to run chkdisk

it says

*** stop: 0x0000007b (oxf7964524, 0xc0000034, 0x0000000, 0x0000000)

Edit: it tells me to run chkdsk on my F drive if that helps any)

hi UltimoAviso

Boot your computer from your Windows setup CD. Run the Repair console by pressing "R" on prompt. Then run Chkdsk in the Repair console. Should fix all your corrupt files/bad sectors.

Spyder_1386 :)

7B = Bad/Missing Hard Drive Driver, Corrupt Filesystem, Bad Hard Drive (Bad Sectors)

any ways to fix/suggestions?

hi UltimoAviso

Boot your computer from your Windows setup CD. Run the Repair console by pressing "R" on prompt. Then run Chkdsk in the Repair console. Should fix all your corrupt files/bad sectors.

Spyder_1386 :)

allready tried this as suggested in previous posts but thanx :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back