nVidia cheating....again

Status
Not open for further replies.
i hope nvidia would actually make more powerfull hardware, instead of heavy driver "optimizations"

Nvidia keeps on making one blunder after another. instead of biting the bullet and setting themselves to build better hardware they keep trying anyway possible to keep ATI from besting them.

but their antics are going to cost them in the long run. even die hard nvidia dans are beggining to doubt Nvidia's credibility.

Sigh. My impression of Nvidia has gone down faster than the sports media can jump on Sammy Sosa for his corked bat.

Here we are trying to emphasize "real world" gaming/application performance *and* image rendering quality, and Nvidia has to pander to the lowest common denominator by using such cheats.

Consumers are the problem, as they often rely on benchmarks to decide on which cards are the fastest. This is one reason why Intel is so successful, and things are no different for both nVidia and ATI. If nVidia were to ignore benchmarks, while ATI had better benchmarks, then nVidia would lose considerable market share, and consumers would incorrectly conclude that ATI made faster graphics cards. nVidia have no real choice in the matter, and neither does ATI. The only way around this is for all benchmarking to be carried out independently, and using software that no one, other than the benchmarking lab, has access to. Then cheating would be almost impossible.

tkteo said
Sigh. My impression of Nvidia has gone down faster than the sports media can jump on Sammy Sosa for his corked bat.
I think when nVnews, an nVidia fan site, has a poll on "Who is more repsectable?"," ATi or nVidia", and the score comes out to be 88% for ATi and 12% for nVidia, that says a lot about the state of nVidia's affairs. I think they have been hurt a lot by all this business. I'm sure there will still be a lot of brand loyalty, but surely nVidia's market share is going to drop because of all this.

Originally posted by olefarte
surely nVidia's market share is going to drop because of all this.

I don't know if the consumers that buy NV cards are all aware of all this "cheating" story

sure the OEM vendors are, but everybody does not read hardware news online and stuff ...

I say we make it known. I'll visit my local Best Buy. hehe.

I for one HATE how the market is ruled by these less high end companies such as Intel, Nvidia, Dell, etc. The consumers really should know the truth, the truth being that they are all being told a lie and being led to believe the wrong thing. It's been this way in the computer industry ever since there was a computer industry.

Consumers are going to HAVE to start being more educated to survive. If you want a computer, don't expect your ISP to teach you how to double-click, learn it yourself, your ONLY paying for the ability to connect to the Internet and the tech support to help you get on. After that your on your own pal. People also need to know that brand name computers are not always the way to go. If your willing to pay $2000 more for a computer with less than high quality components, and much slower speed, just for a warranty, and a few crap applications such as AOL software (which you can get free) and some stupid Corel Draw then more power to you. Consumers also need to know that benchmarks just aren't the way to rely on speed in ANY case. You don't go to BMW looking for a fast car, and have them show you an animation about the speed, performance, and quality of that particular BMW do you? Hell no. It IS a good basis to work from but you should NEVER rely on such things.

I'm pretty hellbound to do something about this kind of thing one day. If I can just start a business in the future and correctly educate a few individuals and sell some custom PC's I'll be doing someone some good.

It's the same in every field, biology, cars, bikes (yes, bikes !), cooking and whatever else.

Someone who does not know the real value of the thigs he's being served is bound to believe what those who know tell him !! Or know everything about everything ...

If I wanna buy a car, I will double check and ask many different people and stuff before buying it, but I still will be bound to what people who know tell me, until I'm a car mastah myself ... Same for doctors who tell you that u need this or that medicine, etc..........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back