Nvidia dont fail me now!!! (BSOD owns me)

Status
Not open for further replies.

noch

Ok, so bear with me.

So, whenever I run certain games, namely warcraft, my computer gets a bsod. I scan disk and defrag twice a week. Ive run memory test on both sticks, its not it. Ive upgraded my BIOS, so its not that. I know it is my vid card, geforce4200. I have read a few articles telling me that some drivers are phooey, so i have been using the 61.77 version as recommended. My system goes as:

athlon 1900 (1600 Mhz)
1 GB of RAM
Win XP SP2 w/ all updates

*side note* i know that SP2 is problematic, so I tried uninstalling that and i still received similar errors

latest BSOD -
nv4_mini.sys address @ F7361D7F base at F731C000

other debuggin errors ive noted and have seen often are

stop c0000005 001B:26F06FB1 referenced memory @ 000094A0 could nto be read

a few more stops:
8E (C0000005, F736599D, B89CF850, 00000000) and
8E (C0000005, 871393D3, F438B660, 00000000)

I have run every momery test, HJT test ive seen on this site and i cant seem to solve this problem. I really tried to just read up on this and solve it myself, but aside not knowing asm that good, i dont know how to solve the problem. I have uploaded my dump of the nv4 error if anyone wants to look. I am also interested in trying to help fix these types of errors, but whenever i open the dump in micro developer, it get nothing. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Oh, heres some more info, I have 3 HDD's 15, 60 and 120. Ive tried to uninstall WC3 and run it on a different HDD, it seems to work best on my 60 gig, even though diagnostics says they are all fine. My cpu runs at 55-60 deg, ive tried thermal compounds and different fans, but my temp wont drop much lower then 40, then goes back up if i dont put more compound on. (i ran out in 2 months =/ ) I have reinstalled windows (fresh install, not a upgrade) to no avail. oh, and ive uploaded the rest of my minidumps if someone wants to have alook.

I did. i tried the last 3 drivers put out to no avail. someone said u should be using the 61.77 for ndivia in a post i read, so ive been sticking with that.

There maybe a compatibility issue, with your via chipset.

One thing you can try is.

Go into control panel, and click on add remove programmes. Uninstall anything to do with Nvidia.

Now go into your device manager, right click on your graphics adapter, and choose uninstall.

Reboot your system.

Now go to the Windows updates, and download the whql certified drivers from there.

Let us know the outcome please.

P.s. During the installation of the drivers, make sure that you disable any antivirus programme you have running, as this can seriously screw up the driver install.

Regards Howard :)

howard_hopkinso said:
There maybe a compatibility issue, with your via chipset.

One thing you can try is.

Go into control panel, and click on add remove programmes. Uninstall anything to do with Nvidia.

Now go into your device manager, right click on your graphics adapter, and choose uninstall.

Reboot your system.

Now go to the Windows updates, and download the whql certified drivers from there.

Let us know the outcome please.

P.s. During the installation of the drivers, make sure that you disable any antivirus programme you have running, as this can seriously screw up the driver install.

ok im on that.

I`ve just been looking at the two minidumps you just posted.

One of them crashes with memory corruption. This is a sign of faulty ram.

Remove your ram stick/s and clean the contacts with an eraser. Blow away the remnants, and replace.

Also clean out any dust from inside your computer.

You can test you ram useing the memtest86+ programme from www.memtest.org.

Let the programme run for at least seven passes. If you don`t have a floppy drive, there is a pre-built iso version available, that you can burn to cd, and then boot from that.

Test each stick individually.

Please note. Some faulty ram can pass memtest86+. If memtest says your ram has errors, then your ram is bad.

there were no whql certified drivers on windows update for me to download.

that mem dump was when i was trying to find the most stable mem stick & slot. DIMM 3 seems to be the most stable, but ima clean my mobo and test out each stick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back