Nvidia driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhfries

stuck trying to find a driver. loading windows xp and it's asking for nvidia network bus installation disk 1. i have the disk that came with the motherboard and tried it but it does not have the file it's looking for. says it's looking for inf file and then i click browse and it says the file name is nvenetfd. the gigabyte motherboard i have is model ga73pvms2h. i have been all over the web downloading files to disk on my other computer and trying each to see it is the right file with no success. does anyone have this file or can point me in the right direction.

thank you,

john

i tried using the bus driver from that page but windows installation did not find the right file on the disk i burned. am i doing something wrong? this is happening during installation of windows xp and at this point the computer has been sitting on that screen waiting for nvidia disk 1

john

Let me ask you a few questions first as a prompt for a specific vendor disk in the middle of XP install is odd depending on your specifics

1. True or False: You reformatted the disk and your are doing a full new XP installation (i.e. not a repair installation)
2. Which company is your XP install disk from? (i.e. does it come from Micrsoft or from who ???)
3. Are you saying either a or b below?
> a. XP installation finished and you're getting this message now when trying to install the additional drivers you still need OR
> b. The prompt for the nVidia disk1 is occurring while you're still completing the XP installation process from XP install CD?

/* edit */
AND: when you say it's asking for nVidia "bus driver" is it asking for something more specific like the "UAA bus driver" or "Hi Def Audio bus driver"?

true i reformatted the hard drive
disc is from microsoft
true for a and b i canceled out of the prompt for nvidia disk 1 and xp finished installing and i have a question mark next to sm bus controller in the device manager i have downloaded the files from the link above and tried to install but no go. not sure what i'm doing wrong other than when i downloaded from the above link i did this on my mac laptop and burned downloaded files to disc and used that in my pc dest top to try to resolve the issue.

john

• Make sure all your devices are connected and powered on
  • Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
  • Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
  • If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post

these 3 items appear:

-Audio Device on High Definition AUDIO BUS HDAUDIO\FUNC_01DE&VEN_10DE&DDEV_8001&SUBSYS_10DE0101&REV_1000\4&1E3459A0&0&0301 The drivers for this device are not installed.

-Ethernet Controller PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_07DC&SUBSYS_E0001458&REV_A2\3&2411E6FE&0&78 The device is not configured correctly

-SM Bus Controller PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_07D8&SUBSYS_07D81458&REV_A1\3&2411E6FE&0&19 The device is not configured correctly

Thanks,

John

also before i went to msinfo32 i ran the gigabyte CD to see if it said whether or not the drivers were installed from disk and everything except the yahoo toolbar said that it was installed. so i'm not sure what's going on. something wrong here and yes i restarted as prompted.

thanks,
john

-Audio Device on High Definition AUDIO BUS HDAUDIO\FUNC_01DE&VEN_10DE&DDEV_8001&SUBSYS_10DE0101&REV_1000\4&1E3459A0&0&0301 The drivers for this device are not installed.

-Ethernet Controller PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_07DC&SUBSYS_E0001458&REV_A2\3&2411E6FE&0&78 The device is not configured correctly

-SM Bus Controller PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_07D8&SUBSYS_07D81458&REV_A1\3&2411E6FE&0&19 The device is not configured correctly
First one is audio/sound. You're best to update to XP SP3 before addressing any sound driver issue (as SP3 includes some needed Hi Def audio drivers)

Second is your network driver. Last one is probably an internal card reader. Will get back with more info when i can take a closer look. Tho you mention you installed from the gigabyte CD?? I'd first go to their website and look for their network driver for your m/b and install from there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back