nvidia geforce2 mx/mx 400 graphics problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

salanthus

ok most games work ok but a few are having a problem with the 3d rendering like knights online I am unable to see the 3d characture in the caracture creation and the only thing that shows up in game on the screen is the weapon the characture has equiped, also I downloaded a demo for alien vs predatoe 2 and the 3d is messed in that as well same sort of problem if any one has any Idea as to how to fix it or what may be causing the problem

graphics card geforce2 mx/mx 400, memory size 64mb ram, dac type intigrated RAMDAC
PC specs
system
windows XP pro
service pack 2

amd athalon processor 1.19GHz processor
512 mb ram

any help will be greatly apreciated

All I can suggest is try different drivers. www.guru3d.com has many many nvidia drivers you can dl. I'd shoot for anything between say the detonator 17.xx series and the detonator 42.xx. You aren't going to get get any advantage out anything higher than because they are optimized for newer cards and features yours does not support.

well I tryed that and unforunatly had no effect well one it gave me an error so I just updated the driver and now no error and still the same problem any other ideas anyone cause this sucks

IF you want to continue to play new games, you are going to have to get a better graphics card. There's only so much you can squeeze out of that one. You're seeing the results of the limits of your card, I think.

still having the problem

now I just don't play the games that have the rendering problem

and just fyi new games have no problem it's just in certain older games. what sort of settings would cause only partial 3d images to show up?
I updated direct X to the newest one and no change and I don't want to mess with my video card setting with out knowing what to change since I don't want to mess it up.

Im guessing its something other than your graphics card. My dell has a Geforce2/MX400 64mb card and runs it perfectly. Is it a pci or agp card?

I'm fairly certain it's agp

I didden't think it was the card being out of date or not good enough to handel it but I am almost certain it is a graphics setting or something I'm running windows xp he odd thing is their was no problem running alien vs predator 2 before and I can't figure out what changed. I was just wondering if any one else has run into a simular problem and if they figured out how to fix it.

It can be either PCI or AGP. I have seen both versions of this type. More than likely it is PCI. Check the bottom of the card, if there is a notch, it is AGP, if not, PCI.

salanthus-

I am having a very similar problem with tiger woods pga tour 2004. it is a slightly older game, and I am using the same nvidia geforce2 mx 400 video card. It was working completely fine for a few weeks, and then all of a sudden it stopped showing dynamic/ moving cameras ingame and a lot of my graphics settings have changed without me being able to restore them. Im dying to know what happened and how to fix it, but i also dont want to download any drivers without knowing what will happen: the last time i did that I had huge problems and had to have my pc reset.

ill keep checking in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back