Nvidia releases 358.50 WHQL drivers for Star Wars Battlefront

Scorpus

Staff member

Nvidia has today launched yet another GeForce graphics card driver, this time version 358.50 that's both WHQL certified and Game Ready for Star Wars Battlefront.

The final version of Star Wars Battlefront doesn't come out on PC until November 17th, however a beta version of the game will be publicly available for testing and enjoyment on October 8th. As the 358.50 driver includes performance optimizations for Battlefront, if you're planning to test out the game, it's a good idea to update to these drivers before you dive right in.

Aside from Battlefront optimizations, the 358.50 drivers now support OpenGL ARB and OpenGL ES 3.2, while they also include some improvements to GameWorks VR and VR SLI. Several bugs have been fixed as well, including those that affected Windows 10 systems.

You can grab the new 358.50 drivers from our driver download section right now, or alternatively you can let GeForce Experience update your drivers automatically.

Permalink to story.

And it updates GFE along with the driver. I like this GFE thing, not having to muck about with the visual settings for hours on end suits me down to the ground. Mind you running a GTX 970 at 1080p there's not much for me to do, I could just about set every slider to max and generally speaking I should be good to go. Two years down the line things could (will) change though.

Back