NZXT's latest AIO CPU coolers include customizable LCD screens

Polycount

Staff
In context: PC enthusiasts love to customize and tweak their rigs through overclocking, part swapping, case modding, or even the addition of fancy RGB lighting. Now, NZXT wants to give them yet another way to make their machines their own with its latest line of liquid CPU coolers.

NZXT today announced multiple additions to its "Kraken" CPU cooler roster, all of which fall into the new X-3 and Z-3 product line-ups. The Z-3 series promises to offer the most "visually appealing" and "highest performing" all-in-one (AIO) coolers on the market.

Though we can't vouch for the latter claim without testing the devices ourselves, NZXT certainly seems to have achieved the former. Both of the company's new Z-3 AIOs -- the 280mm Kraken Z63 ($250) and the 360mm Kraken Z73 ($280) -- feature a new, fully customizable LCD screen instead of the already-impressive "infinity mirror" logo and light ring design we've seen in the past.

The screens have been built directly into the Z73 and Z63's water blocks, and they can display just about anything you want. You can add GIFs, static images, system details (such as your CPU temperature), and more. You do have to use NZXT's often-finicky "CAM" software to make these adjustments, but that's probably a small price to pay for some customization fanatics.

NZXT's cheaper X-3 series AIOs don't have the customizable LCD screens that their pricier cousins do, but all of the company's new coolers feature Aer P radiator fans, which were designed for silent "liquid-cooling perfection." The X-3 line-up consists of the 240mm Kraken X53 ($130), the 280mm X63 ($150), and the 360mm X73 ($180).

If you want to snag any of the coolers mentioned above, you can do so now. All X-3 and Z-3-series AIOs are available for purchase on Amazon or NZXT's website.

Permalink to story.

Well I hope the fans are quieter, the last 360mm one sounds like an airplane taking off even in silent mode. Fixed mode works well for a small trade off in heat.

Last edited:
I for one love having an AIO on my CPU and GPU.

The system runs cool, and very quiet. Quieter than a whisper.

And that's saying a lot when you're talking about an i9Ex and a 2080Ti.

But all I ask is for simple digital readouts where you can see the temperature at a glance.

The RGB overuse is unnecessary.

Meh. My Noctua NH-D15 handles my I9-9900KS just fine and that CPU is a bit of a toaster tbh. I mean, I’ve seen it hit 250 watt package TDP during extreme stress test. That’s high-end GPU power draw levels right there. Normal gaming doesn’t get anywhere near that though. It’s silent most of the time, no pump noise and no risk of pump failure. They want me to give up on all that for some fancy screen I can’t look at because my PC is under my desk, to my left, with the window facing left, in a horizontal cube case. Yeah, pointless :)

Meh. My Noctua NH-D15 handles my I9-9900KS just fine and that CPU is a bit of a toaster tbh. I mean, I’ve seen it hit 250 watt package TDP during extreme stress test. That’s high-end GPU power draw levels right there. Normal gaming doesn’t get anywhere near that though. It’s silent most of the time, no pump noise and no risk of pump failure. They want me to give up on all that for some fancy screen I can’t look at because my PC is under my desk, to my left, with the window facing left, in a horizontal cube case. Yeah, pointless :)

Pointless for you!

This will sell like hotcakes for the rest of the market.

As much as people complain about RGB its whats selling right. Why do you think all the OEM are on this RGB gravy train.

RGB rubbish for clueless buyers who waste money on anything... I wonder one will be looking at the monitor screen or look at the CPU unit while gaming or working... sigh...people nowadays... it's the stupidity that sells nowadays...

Pointless for you!

This will sell like hotcakes for the rest of the market.

As much as people complain about RGB its whats selling right. Why do you think all the OEM are on this RGB gravy train.

Well, fair enough. If it’s useful to you and the $250+ pricetag seems like a good investment, then don’t let me hold you back. It does look cool, not arguing against that and I actually do like my RGBs. I just prefer to buy things with RGBs where I can actually admire them and where they don’t compromise the performance or reliability that I’m looking for. That’s all really.

As for selling like hot cakes. Well, I guess that’s a matter of definition? I’m sure it’ll add a little extra something to draw the attention when someone feels like spending $250+ on a high performance CPU cooler, but how many people drop that amount of cash on a CPU cooler? Enough to justify making the product, sure, but last time I checked, some of the best selling CPUs that you could classify as selling like hot cakes cost less than $250 and don’t require such a cooler to function optimally.

As for everyone high and mighty complaining about RGBs, I can really see the appeal after getting some by default in my new build. I did not have a choice in my components of rgb or not, but the mb/ram/case moving through colour changes is pleasing and the infinity look if the AIO is really nice and contrasts nicely with the other colours.

If the performance is the same, I'd certainly get the RGB next time.

Well, fair enough. If it’s useful to you and the $250+ pricetag seems like a good investment, then don’t let me hold you back. It does look cool, not arguing against that and I actually do like my RGBs. I just prefer to buy things with RGBs where I can actually admire them and where they don’t compromise the performance or reliability that I’m looking for. That’s all really.

As for selling like hot cakes. Well, I guess that’s a matter of definition? I’m sure it’ll add a little extra something to draw the attention when someone feels like spending $250+ on a high performance CPU cooler, but how many people drop that amount of cash on a CPU cooler? Enough to justify making the product, sure, but last time I checked, some of the best selling CPUs that you could classify as selling like hot cakes cost less than $250 and don’t require such a cooler to function optimally.

I'm using a Corsair H150i I don't need to purchase this thanks.

Your issue is you are comparing regular novice users to advanced users

A person that buys computers from Best buy or prebuild OEM will not even look at this they are not the target market.

Someone that builds their own pc's if they are already using a NXZT case, Fans etc if within the budget will consider this.

Back