Oculus founder Palmer Luckey funding pro-Trump group that creates anti-Hillary memes

midian182

Staff member

We already know that most of the tech world’s biggest names are desperate to avoid a Trump presidency. Top CEOs and Silicon Valley leaders have been putting aside their differences as they look at ways of preventing the property mogul from reaching the White House.

There are, however, a few in the industry who actively support him, such as Peter Thiel, and now we know that Oculus co-founder Palmer Luckey has also been using his considerable wealth to back the Republican candidate.

Luckey confirmed to the Daily Beast that he is the person responsible for the Reddit pseudonym “NimbleRichMan,” and has donated “significant funds” to a pro-Trump organization called Nimble America dedicated to spreading anti-Clinton memes.

Nimble America calls itself a "social welfare 501(c)4 non-profit.” It claims to have proven that "shitposting is powerful and meme magic is real." NimbleRichMan is listed as the group’s vice president.

“I came into touch with them over Facebook,” Luckey said. “It went along the lines of ‘hey, I have a bunch of money. I would love to see more of this stuff.’ They wanted to build buzz and do fundraising.”

Luckey was helped into his position as Nimble America backer by Milo Yiannopoulos, the Breitbart tech editor banned from Twitter for allegedly encouraging his followers to abuse Ghostbusters actress Leslie Jones. Yiannopoulos knew that NimbleRichMan was Luckey and vouched for him to other members of the group.

Writing in subreddit r/The_Donald, Luckey stated: "The American Revolution was funded by wealthy individuals. The same has been true of many movements for freedom in history. You can’t fight the American elite without serious firepower. They will outspend you and destroy you by any and all means."

There have already been repercussions felt from the revelations; the NimbleRichMan profile has been deleted, and many from the tech industry have denounced Luckey’s actions on Twitter. He is still employed by Facebook/Oculus (the social media site bought the VR company for $2 billion in 2014) in a role that’s “hard to define.”

Permalink to story.

Hahaha, so if you come out as anti-Trump, liberals don't bat an eye. But come as anti-Clinton and liberals lose their minds [insert joker meme here]

+1

I understand why some dislike Trump. He is brash, loud and sometimes rude.

I can't understand why anyone likes Hillary. She lies, cheats, breaks the law and thumbs her nose at all authority or criticism. Her funding by corporations and Wall Street exemplifies the worst of our electoral system.

Hahaha, so if you come out as anti-Trump, liberals don't bat an eye. But come as anti-Clinton and liberals lose their minds [insert joker meme here]

+1

I can't understand why anyone likes Hillary. She lies, cheats, breaks the law and thumbs her nose at all authority or criticism. Her funding by corporations and Wall Street exemplifies the worst of our electoral system.

She has the potential to make Obama the second-worst president in history. Let's not find out if she can pull it off.

In other words, she is very similar to Trump.

I'm not voting for Hillary, I am voting against Trump. The more minorities that Trump p!sses off, the more of them that will also show up to vote against him. His latest statements on stop-and-frisk are way out of line. If he gets in, which I doubt, all you Trumpeteers will not at all be happy when he applies stop-and-frisk to everyone.

I do not understand why all the Trumpeteers cannot see that his divisive attitude is totally against the inclusive values that Christ supposedly supported.

As to Obama being the worst president, I think part of that blame falls squarely on congressional leaders that were public in their statements of making his presidency a failure from the beginning of his presidency. Personally, I cannot see how that attitude is even remotely patriotic. In case you are wondering who I am talking about, he also publically said, "I don't believe in global warming because God said he would not smite the Earth again." However, that fool forgets that God never said that he would prevent humanity from smiting the Earth.

Besides, history recognizes mister I have not had enough vacation from the presidency and have not p!ssed away enough of the Clinton budget surplus W has a higher ranking in worst ever than Obama ever will.

Now that I have given all the Trumpeteers a big t!rd to chew on, have fun. I won't be back to this thread. I am sure that all the Trumpeteers won't like my telling it like it is simply because it does not fit their pre-programmed Trumpeteer falsify everything possible and blame everything on everyone else worldview.

I do not understand why all the Trumpeteers cannot see that his divisive attitude is totally against the inclusive values that Christ supposedly supported.

You might want to retake that Sunday school class you graduated in Pre-K.

Relevant excerpt from a more informed source:

Saint Thomas: “Man’s relations with foreigners are twofold: peaceful, and hostile: and in directing both kinds of relation the Law contained suitable precepts.”

Commentary: In making this affirmation, Saint Thomas affirms that not all immigrants are equal. Every nation has the right to decide which immigrants are beneficial, that is, “peaceful,” to the common good. As a matter of self-defense, the State can reject those criminal elements, traitors, enemies and others who it deems harmful or “hostile” to its citizens.

The second thing he affirms is that the manner of dealing with immigration is determined by law in the cases of both beneficial and “hostile” immigration. The State has the right and duty to apply its law.

More here: http://www.returntoorder.org/2014/07/saint-thomas-say-immigration-2/

Before attempting to invoke Christ, it is wise to educate yourself on the subject first.

Now that I have given all the Trumpeteers a big t!rd to chew on, have fun. I won't be back to this thread. I am sure that all the Trumpeteers won't like my telling it like it is simply because it does not fit their pre-programmed Trumpeteer falsify everything possible and blame everything on everyone else worldview.

Translation: I just dropped a comment that will be picked apart like a fresh carcass in the Savannah. I will now promptly retreat in victory.

You might want to retake that Sunday school class you graduated in Pre-K.

Relevant excerpt from a more informed source:

Saint Thomas: “Man’s relations with foreigners are twofold: peaceful, and hostile: and in directing both kinds of relation the Law contained suitable precepts.”

Commentary: In making this affirmation, Saint Thomas affirms that not all immigrants are equal. Every nation has the right to decide which immigrants are beneficial, that is, “peaceful,” to the common good. As a matter of self-defense, the State can reject those criminal elements, traitors, enemies and others who it deems harmful or “hostile” to its citizens.

The second thing he affirms is that the manner of dealing with immigration is determined by law in the cases of both beneficial and “hostile” immigration. The State has the right and duty to apply its law.

More here: http://www.returntoorder.org/2014/07/saint-thomas-say-immigration-2/

Before attempting to invoke Christ, it is wise to educate yourself on the subject first.

Translation: I just dropped a comment that will be picked apart like a fresh carcass in the Savannah. I will now promptly retreat in victory.
Ah, so you are saying that St. Thomas knows more about spiritual qualities than Christ? I see. It is easy to find something that you think supports true spirituality. I'm not going to argue with you because it is clear to me that you have no eyes with which to see and no ears with which to hear. That means that my efforts are wasted on you and those like you.

IF you understand statistics, you are more likely to die of a heart attack, plane crash, asteroid strike, medical error, rare genetic disease, lead in your water, put your favorite cause of death here, than by the hands of an immigrant.

Take note of how easily and effectively @wiyosaya demonstrates the utter dishonesty of "anti-Trump."

First, he says he will not be returning to the thread:

Now that I have given all the Trumpeteers a big t!rd to chew on, have fun. I won't be back to this thread.

...only to return to the thread immediately.

When he returns, like he said he wouldn't, he immediately deploys a red herring in effort to direct attention away from the fact that his comment about Christ's teachings (which is what St. Thomas was talking about) was demonstrably incorrect:

Ah, so you are saying that St. Thomas knows more about spiritual qualities than Christ? I see.

He then tries to reframe a political issue (Donald Trump, Hillary Clinton, and the relevant issues), as a spiritual matter rather than a political and economic one:

It is easy to find something that you think supports true spirituality.

He then acts like he has an argument, conveniently omitting it, because it "won't be understood":

I'm not going to argue with you because it is clear to me that you have no eyes with which to see and no ears with which to hear. That means that my efforts are wasted on you and those like you.

Finally, he brings up an irrelevant point about mortality while implying anyone who does not accept it is dumb:

IF you understand statistics, you are more likely to die of a heart attack, plane crash, asteroid strike, medical error, rare genetic disease, lead in your water, put your favorite cause of death here, than by the hands of an immigrant.

The face of anti-Trump, ladies and gentlemen. Dishonest, uninformed, and shifty.

This having been said, I am more than willing to talk statistics and Christ's teachings in relation to immigration, Donald Trump, and Hillary Clinton. As well as how it all fits into the ongoing efforts of tech titans and billionaires to influence the 2016 presidential election.

I predict, however, that you won't play ball, because you don't actually have a position to articulate. That's fine, though. Most of the readers of this blog understand what you're doing, irrespective of who they support.

I've always known this guy was a prick.
Such a money grubbing lying pos. How can anyone support lucky in any way.
This just reaffirms all of that.

Take note of how easily and effectively @wiyosaya demonstrates the utter dishonesty of "anti-Trump."

First, he says he will not be returning to the thread:

Now that I have given all the Trumpeteers a big t!rd to chew on, have fun. I won't be back to this thread.

...only to return to the thread immediately.

When he returns, like he said he wouldn't, he immediately deploys a red herring in effort to direct attention away from the fact that his comment about Christ's teachings (which is what St. Thomas was talking about) was demonstrably incorrect:

Ah, so you are saying that St. Thomas knows more about spiritual qualities than Christ? I see.

He then tries to reframe a political issue (Donald Trump, Hillary Clinton, and the relevant issues), as a spiritual matter rather than a political and economic one:

It is easy to find something that you think supports true spirituality.

He then acts like he has an argument, conveniently omitting it, because it "won't be understood":

I'm not going to argue with you because it is clear to me that you have no eyes with which to see and no ears with which to hear. That means that my efforts are wasted on you and those like you.

Finally, he brings up an irrelevant point about mortality while implying anyone who does not accept it is dumb:

The face of anti-Trump, ladies and gentlemen. Dishonest, uninformed, and shifty.

This having been said, I am more than willing to talk statistics and Christ's teachings in relation to immigration, Donald Trump, and Hillary Clinton. As well as how it all fits into the ongoing efforts of tech titans and billionaires to influence the 2016 presidential election.

I predict, however, that you won't play ball, because you don't actually have a position to articulate. That's fine, though. Most of the readers of this blog understand what you're doing, irrespective of who they support.

#Rekt.

This Palmer guy is a pompous arrogant. A classic example of what's wrong with the .001% as he claims to be, and exactly why they feel the need to "make america great again".

America won't be "great again" until we get rid of this kind of thinking and the mentality that is all about ME ME ME, instead of doing what is just for the cause of humanity.

I'm casting my vote to put people like this out of business.

Nobody cares who is better, Trump (who is a racist bastard and a clown) or Clinton (who is a racist bastard and a different kind of clown). - although I would never vote for Trump because of his ties with the KKK.

In this case we have someone giving money to a group that creates racist memes and tweets. the end.

Last edited:
Amazed at how mamy people are both anti trump and anti clinton but insist on voting for trump or clinton because theyre too scared not too. thats exactly what they depend on from voters.

This election has displaced my faith in people. This comment thread confirms that I must be a alien. You guys are bozos!

Nobody cares who is better, Trump (who is a racist bastard and a clown) or Clinton (who is a racist bastard and a different kind of clown). - although I would never vote for Trump because of his ties with the KKK.

Trump's ties with the KKK? I think you should take a look at Hillary's ties with the KKK. Start with how much she loved Senator Robert Byrd who she described as her "friend and mentor". Byrd was actually a Grand Dragon leader of the KKK in West Virginia.

Trump's ties with the KKK? I think you should take a look at Hillary's ties with the KKK. Start with how much she loved Senator Robert Byrd who she described as her "friend and mentor". Byrd was actually a Grand Dragon leader of the KKK in West Virginia.

Heh. Kiss of the dragon:

clinton-byrd.png

Presumably his father was a member of KKK and he refused to disavow the KKK in that infamous CNN interview because he doesn't "know enough about them".

Let's not forget that pretty much all of the "neo-nazy" and "white suprememacy" groups have declared support for Trump.

I would be embarrassed as hell to have such a president. In the end people will just vote the smaller evil and be done with it. Trump just made too many stupid remarks and statements during his campaign.

Palmer? Palmer? Perhaps the perfect first name for a total wanker.

Go ahead americans, vote Trump and destroy your country. The rest of the world could do with a good laugh!

Not being American I don't really have a big investment here, but one thing I have noticed, is the media that I see in Canada is so overwhelmingly reporting anything anti-Trump compared to neutral or pro-Trump pieces it really is quite amazing. You see, say 10 Trump articles and they are 9 to 10 anti-Trump. So much for the 'objective' media

Not being American I don't really have a big investment here, but one thing I have noticed, is the media that I see in Canada is so overwhelmingly reporting anything anti-Trump compared to neutral or pro-Trump pieces it really is quite amazing. You see, say 10 Trump articles and they are 9 to 10 anti-Trump. So much for the 'objective' media
it's because if Trump gets elected it would pose a big threat to Canada's economy which sends the majority of its exports in the US. And let's not forget those NAFTA talks.

it's because if Trump gets elected it would pose a big threat to Canada's economy which sends the majority of its exports in the US. And let's not forget those NAFTA talks.

Basically, all those countries who say they don't need the U.S. because they have great leadership and policies, actually do need us to put foreigners first to sustain their economies and regimes. In an America first America, those advantages disappear and the dominos start falling.

Not a single mainstream media outlet on this planet is honest.

Back in 2012, a family friend was shot and killed asking a man for help. After the guy gunned him down, he sped away in an attempt to evade the police. During the chase, which happened in the dark of night, a jaywalking pedestrian was struck and killed by a persuing officer. Shortly thereafter they caught the gunman.

When the local media covered it, they only talked about the pedestrian and how the police needed to review their polices for chasing reckless drivers. They interviewed the parents of the shooting victim and played some clips of it for about 30 seconds after, then immediately cut to the family of the pedestrian and how irresponsible and cavalier law enforcement is a growing problem. Naturally, they called for the involved officer to be fired and brought up on charges. At no point during this coverage did they connect the chase to the shooting.

If someone has a media badge, by default you can't trust them.

It wouldn't bother me if the news reports in my country were in depth pieces that looked at the various contentious agreements between Canada and the US like 'softwood lumber', pipelines and the rest, but what I see is more like: BREAKING NEWS..Presidential Candidate Donald Trump has been seen leaving the men's room with a square of toilet paper stuck to his shoe....live coverage to follow

Back