Odd laptop problem (White lines of death)

Pink

Hey guys,

Recently i've been having some problems with my laptop: AMD Turion X2 Ultra Dual Core Mobile ZM-80 2.1 ghz, 4gb Ram, Windows 7 Ultimate, ATI Radeon HD 3200 series.

When i have my battery charger connected and i connect my HDMI cable, the laptop crashes. sometimes it gives me a white lines like screen, sometimes it just turns off.... but the HDMI works if it's connected alone without the Charger (and vice versa).

Can you guys help me out? i have to work with this laptop and it's giving me a major headache plus workplace problems...

Thanks a lot guys!

I'm not the most experienced person ever, but I do have 2 ideas.

The first is to reinstall your operating system. You would have either gotten a disc with the computer or their should be a recovery partition on the hard drive. Just remember to back up all your files that you want to keep. I know this solved a problem with black lines on some laptops (it worked on my dad's).

It could also be some type of power problem, but I don't know how you would go about fixing that.

Hopefully this response has either helped you/gotten more tech savvy people mad about my solutions, therefore giving you a better one.

Lol thanks for the solutions man.

Reinstalling the operating system is not posible ATM, and i don't think it's a software problem since the laptop runs fine in safe mode.

I was thinking it's a power problem too, since it only crashes when i connect the power cable (even without the batter connected)...

Thanks though!

Back