OEM DVD Firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dvd disk drive won't run DVD's. Makes alot of clicking, spinning noises but wont read disks. Went to HKEY areas and changed some things recom by other forums. Didn't work. Told needed firmware upgrade. Unable to find firmware for Optiarc DVD RW AD-7530A ATA Device because as near as I can find it's an OEM Device. Went back to Gateway(Notebook Manufacturer) and they don't have. Any suggestions? Ifu can't fix, I guess u install a new DVD Device or a new Notebook.
Was also told by Gateway I needed a Codec upgrade.

The codec pack is easy enough- Techspot has what you need here https://www.techspot.com/downloads/775-klite-codec-pack-full.html
Install and then try running the discs.

How does the drive show up in the Device Manager ? No exclamation mark in a yellow triangle?
What DVD's won't it run-commercial (retail) movies, or discs you are attempting to burn ? If the latter, what brand of discs.

If it definitely requires a firmware update then it seem's you're out of luck as there are none as far as I can tell.

DVD Problem

Thanks for replying to me. No! No (!) with yellow triangle. Says the Device is working fine. Have a DVD which is the installation disk for my Delorme Handheld GPS ( Delorme Topo 8.0) Its the only disk that has ever give me this prob. I tried to install other disks of other software and have no problem. It installed fine on my desktop (which runs XP) I wanted to install on my laptop because I'm running Vista on it which supports Direct X 10 And works great for my GPS application because it gives me aerial pics from Google Earth which now runs DirectX 10. XP doesn't support DirectX10 so that part doesn't work with the application. I even tried to burn it to a dual layer DVD (TDK Brand) The original Topo disk is 6.5 GB. It burnt OK but when I tried ti install on Laptop It stops and throws me an Error Code 1309. I ignored it and when I click on it after its installed it keeps wanting to install it again instead of running it. Then it just freezes at that state. Sry to ramble but I have found that u need to know everything usually to fix things properly. Like ALL! You didn't tell me it did that.

TX

Donnie

Seems like you've covered most of the bases. I don't have any experience with that software, sorry.
I didn't realise that you could read/write discs with it-so it has functionality.
My understanding of it would be that maybe the source disc has an error in it or you do indeed need a firmware update (obviously not available).
Could you copy the contents of the disc to harddrive and then run/install the program from that location?

I guess I'll try to copy the burnt disk to the laptops harddrive and then run/install from there. I'm going to try the link u gave me for the codec first. Very appreciative for people like urself who are willing to help us Joe Homeowner with these problems because the people that think all this stuff is just plug and play are clueless. We could never afford to have Geek squad fix all these problems with computers. You guys are just what I call just good people.

Codec Link

When I tried to download the codec from te link u gave me it won't because it said it's side-by-side was incorrect. Now I'm lost.

I need a hammer!

I haven't come across this before-and you may need to start another thread to attract someones attention here who know's better than I do (that wouldn't be hard!)
There seem to be quite a few references online. I pulled a couple that are similar
http://www.winvistatips.com/side-side-configuration-incorrect-every-program-t173451.html
(check the last post in the thread)
http://www.vistax64.com/software/245768-side-side-configuration-incorrect.html
and maybe a browse of Microsofts knowledge base.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back