K-Lite Codec Pack is a collection of DirectShow filters, VFW/ACM codecs, and tools. Codecs and DirectShow filters are needed for encoding and decoding audio and video formats. The K-Lite Codec Pack is designed as a user-friendly solution for playing all your audio and movie files. With the K-Lite Codec Pack you should be able to play all the popular audio and video formats and even several less common formats.
The K-Lite Codec Pack has a couple of major advantages compared to other codec packs:
- It is updated frequently. So it is always up-to-date with the newest and/or best components.
- All components have been carefully selected for specific purposes. It is not just a random bunch of stuff thrown together.
- It is very user-friendly and easy to use.
- The installation is fully customizable, meaning that you are able to install just those components that you really want.
- The customization abilities even go beyond the component level. Some components are able to handle multiple formats.
- You can specify exactly which components should handle which formats. The pack can thus be fully tweaked to your own specific needs and preferences.
- Uninstallation removes everything that was installed by the pack. Including all registry keys.
- It is extremely easy to make a fully customized unattended installation with the integrated wizard.
- It does not contain any bad, buggy or unstable codecs.
- It tries to avoid potential conflicts with other codecs installed on your computer. The installation is able to detect and remove over 100 different codec and filter packs.
- The pack is able to detect broken codecs and filters on your system, and helps you to remove them.
- It is a very complete package, containing everything you need to play your movies.
- This pack has a huge user base. This means that problems are found and resolved quickly.
- There are different variants of the pack. From very small to large.
- The pack is suitable for both novice and expert users.
The full variant has many additional features. It supports playback of several (lossless) audio formats. It contains VFW/ACM codecs that can be used for encoding. It has playback support for a few legacy audio and video formats. This package is suitable for power users.
- Media Player Classic Homecinema [version 188.8.131.52]
DirectShow video decoding filters:
- LAV Video [version 0.70.2-80-gbe766]
- ffdshow [version 1.3.4534]
- DScaler5 MPEG-2 decoder [version 0.0.6.0 IVTC mod] [x86]
DirectShow audio decoding filters:
- LAV Audio [version 0.70.2-80-gbe766]
- ffdshow [version 1.3.4534]
DirectShow source filters:
- LAV Splitter [version 0.70.2-80-gbe766]
DirectShow audio parsers:
- DC-Bass Source Mod [version 1.5.2] [x86]
DirectShow subtitle filter:
- DirectVobSub [VSFilter version 184.108.40.206]
- madVR [version 0.92.9]
- Codec Tweak Tool [version 6.2.3]
- MediaInfo Lite [version 17.10]
- GraphStudioNext [version 0.7.1.28]
- Icaros ThumbnailProvider [version 3.0.3 b2]
- Icaros PropertyHandler [version 3.0.3 b2]
- Updated LAV Filters to version 0.70.2-80-gbe766
- Updated MadVR to version 0.92.9
- Updated Icaros to version 3.0.3 b2
- Updated MediaInfo Lite to version 17.10
- Updated Codec Tweak Tool to version 6.2.3
Apps similar to K-Lite Codec Pack Full 4
This is a cumulative update for the latest version of the K-Lite (Mega/Full/Standard/Basic) Codec Pack.
K-Lite Codec Pack is a collection of DirectShow filters, VFW/ACM codecs, and tools used for playing, encoding and decoding numerous audio/video formats.
X Codec Pack is one of the most complete codec packs which helps you to play all major audio and video formats.