Official Call of Duty: Black Ops trailer released

Matthew DeCarlo

Staff

The latest Call of Duty entry is now less than a week away with a slated release date of November 9 -- next Tuesday. Set to debut on PC, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, as well as the Nintendo Wii and DS, Call of Duty: Black Ops takes place during the Cold war as players control US operatives who undertake covert missions in Cuba, Vietnam and more. Meanwhile, the multiplayer mode will carry similar features seen in recent Call of Duty titles, emphasizing customization and socialization.

Treyarch and Activision have posted an official launch trailer showcasing Black Ops' various landscapes and scenarios, while the Stones' "Gimme Shelter" and a glimpse of JFK complete the setting. Along with that brief clip, Rock, Paper, Shotgun points us to three lengthier gameplay videos (feel free to share other footage in the comments). It's also worth noting that we plan to publish an in-depth CPU/GPU performance review once the game hit shelves, so be sure to look for that!

Permalink to story.

Can you say amazing i loved MW2 except for the no private server thing and all the cheaters on the pc. Ive been playing BC2 alot abut still feel COD is a far better game without the cheaters. If Black opps can rectify what IW did to cod MW2 then i think it will be an amazing game that millions will play around the world on all systems.

Anyway, I am not so sure about everybody else's opinions, but IMO, the world is not as hyped up about Black Ops as they were MW2. I think it's cause MW2 was sweet in the beginning, and now has been ruined by all of the Nube tubers and other perks, and so they have a "Safe guard" out for Black Ops so they aren't let down. But that's just my opinion...

I just hope it's more like cod4/5 and less like cod6. cod 6 was just too fake. There's a fine line that must be achieved

I'm very excited for this game! I Loved Modern Warfare 1 and 2 .

klepto12 said:
Can you say amazing i loved MW2 except for the no private server thing and all the cheaters on the pc. Ive been playing BC2 alot abut still feel COD is a far better game without the cheaters. If Black opps can rectify what IW did to cod MW2 then i think it will be an amazing game that millions will play around the world on all systems.

If you think MW2 is a better game then good for you. In terms of a quality standpoint it's one of the worst games released in the past few years. 95% of the budget went to advertising and 5% went to game design.

Yeah, i just dont know how much faith I have left in the COD franchise. I loved Call of Duty, I loved Call of Duty 2. Especially after MW2, it just doesn't seem to me like people are hyped about this anymore. Hopefully Black Ops is legitimately amazing and reignites the love for COD, because it is truly awesome at its core.

@ AnonymousSurfer
I don't know how you can say there's no hype. The preorders for Ops surpassed the preorders for MW2 about a month ago.

Freaking addictive game were MWs. Rush and adrenaline it's all I hope to get out of this game! Does anybody know if they used the same graphic engine as the last games? Whatever, I'm gonna turn my video card on fire with this game, i'm gonna play it and end it in a few days xD
And yes, I will check in-depth performance review... never got disappointed with those reviews! Thanks TS!

Somehow i dont like these action games. I want something unrealistic or something which doesnt resemble any real life incident like Jazz, Mario, Contra, NFS to some extent, Hocus Pocus, and many more. These are those games friends which will take u to another world we have never seen before. I dont know why games developers dont understand this because we spend time on games coz we are sick and tired of real life incidence and want some refreshment. It clearly speaks about the inability of the game developer to become creative, unique & innovative and then they expect us to draw hard cash for such serious gaming. Ufff

red1776 said:
is just me, or do the graphics look 2007'ish?

Thats what I was thinking. The lighting has gotten better but I still have to say I thought the trailer was still pretty well done. +2

Hmmmm....I'll wait for the reviews. In no rush to buy the 3,489th military FPS to come out in the last 15 years.

Thats what I was thinking. The lighting has gotten better but I still have to say I thought the trailer was still pretty well done. +2
I thought it was well done as well, i was just surprised that it looked like the same un-updated DX9 engine.

I don't know... I don't feel drawn into the game. Obviously, I will probably pick up a copy, but it isn't looking to be on the top of my list.

Would be interesting to see if it surpasses MW2 sales esp that its preorders are much higher than MW2's already.

I'll download the game. If its any good, I'll buy it. If it happens to be a MW2 with a costume, I'll just delete it.

MW2 was just MW with a costume so I am doubtful about this game, especially so soon after MW2 was released. But since I skipped MW2 I might just get it. Anyone know if there are beta players floating around reviewing the game?

I downloaded the video then tryed to edit and upload it with windows media player.. but it didn't work. I wanted to upload my awesome fan made trailer for black ops! But i can't upload it. Any answers to my problem.

PS. I'm so waiting for this game. :D

Back