Onboard graphics detected not graphics card

[LEFT][FONT=Verdana]Hey everyone.... How r u all??? Nice to meet u all..... ^_^[/FONT][/LEFT]
[LEFT] [/LEFT]
[LEFT][FONT=Verdana]well my friend bought a laptop it has on board graphics and also a additional nvidia graphics... now when I run game the on board [FONT=inherit][FONT=inherit][FONT=inherit]graphics [/FONT][FONT=inherit]card[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT] is getting detected and not the nvidia card.. I tried in bios but in the display part there are only 2 options 1 is optimus whic allows bot nvidia vga and intel vga to work and the other one allows only the intel vga to work... so is there a way to make games recognise nvidia or can I disable onboard graphics through device manager?? [/FONT][/LEFT]
[LEFT] [/LEFT]
[LEFT][FONT=Verdana]laptop model: lenovo ideapad z570 [/FONT][/LEFT]
[LEFT][FONT=Verdana]graphics card: Nvidia geforce gt 540m[/FONT][/LEFT]
[LEFT] [/LEFT]
[LEFT][FONT=Verdana]and one more thing...In one of the game I checked PES 2012 it shows as its using onboard graphics.. and I tried arkham city and tried enabling hardware acceleration physx but it said the laptops hardware doesnt support it.... [/FONT][/LEFT]
[LEFT] [/LEFT]
[LEFT]one more thing I just went to nvidia control panel and in there 3d settings and there global settings its written there preferred graphics processor is integrated graphics.. and I couldnt change it.....[/LEFT]
[LEFT] [/LEFT]
[LEFT][FONT=Verdana]can I disable the onboard graphics card in device manager??? [/FONT][/LEFT]
[LEFT] [/LEFT]
[LEFT][FONT=Verdana]thanks....[/FONT][/LEFT]

Hi , The option is the one where the nvidia card and intel on-board are shown, and the BIOS should select the nvidia card as priority if it can, and has a choice.
It's sometimes known as 'Primary Video' & the option is called PEG.
Make sure you save the settings when you exit or they won't be changed from before.

Back