One of my Firefox security add ons is blocking 123Greetings etc

macx

I'm trying to send my daughter a birthday card, but can't get the cards to show on any online greetings sites. I get the text, but the cards themselves won't show up. That happened a couple vyears ago and I finally gave up, now I'm just frustrated and disgusted enuf to try to beat this.

Strangely enuf, I don't have any problems with getting everything I want to show up on any other site I've visited, as long as I allow or temp allow the right stuff on No Script.

Security apps are McAfee, MalwareBytes, and Anti-Key Logger.

FF add-ons are (yeah, got lots of them, got burned a long time ago so am "sort of" paranoid about security, and I hate pop-ups and trackers with a passion):

Ad Block Plus
Ad Block Plus Pop-Up Add On
Better Privacy (cookies)
Collusion (just visualizes who's doing the tracking)
Do Not Track Me
Facebook Blocker (don't like sending everything about me to FB!)
Ghostery - blocks 3rd party web bugs
Google Privacy
Request Policy (cross site requests)
Self Destruct Cookies
Web Mail Ad blocker
NoScript

I temporarily allowed everything on NoScript and tried disabling several of the Ad Ons about cookies and tracking figuring it was one of them but apparently didn't hit the right one.

Sure would appreciate it if someone would happen to have experience like this and have any idea what's causing the problem.

No I have never had this. But with all the add on's you have. I would venture to guess this is your problem. You are really running to many. At this point one could be stopping another one from working.

Talk about paranoia!

Just think I started using my first two Browser Extensions last week.
  • Adblock Plus
  • WOT (Web Of Trust)
Even though I like voicing my support for privacy, I really have no reason to hide. It's the idea that others feel the need to watch, that is so disturbing.

Yes, obviously some kind of overlap or block between the Add Ons.

I took a shortcut and started FF in Safe Mode and things appeared,
along with so many ads and pop ups there was hardly room for the
stuff on the actual website, but at least I got the card sent on time.

I guess I'll have to go thru the exercise of "one at a time" with all
the restarts etc. Got way too much stuff to do today to work thru it all tho.

Thanks for the input!

Would you mind comparing your list to mine and see what I maybe don't need?

But keeping in mind I'm also trying to minimize tracking as much as possible, too.

Thanks!

I have Adblock plus (linked to it previously)
DoNotTrackMe
WOT
I also have videolownloader & Avast online security since I use Avast.
On Adblock plus, you need to subscribe to Fanboys list & the Easy list.
Also, in firefox , go to Tools>Options>Advanced & make sure the top radio button under tracking is checked.

I have Adblock plus (linked to it previously)
DoNotTrackMe
WOT
I also have videolownloader & Avast online security since I use Avast.
On Adblock plus, you need to subscribe to Fanboys list & the Easy list.
Also, in firefox , go to Tools>Options>Advanced & make sure the top radio button under tracking is checked.

Wow you have more add ons then I ever use. About the only ones I use is AdBlock. My anti virus program will throw a warning if I am on a web page thats bad. Other then that I have spywareblaster and Antimalware. .Plus have all high security settings on Fire Fox and my firewall on.and I am behind a router.
I don't use Wot for the simple reason People decide which web site is good. How are you suppose to know then if it is. Not everyone protects them selfs or knows enough about spyware. If that was the case. I would be out of my 2nd job. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Av (Avast) does show a warning if I go to a bad website. I too have spywareBlaster & M-bam, SAS.
I make sure all my browsers have the Do Not Track me radio button clicked. Just habit I guess.
I use the W7 firewall & a router.

Then I can see why you use wot. I myself am just not a fan of it. Yes my browser have do not track enable and I do not allow third part cookies. I also use SAS. But there are people who just don't know enough about security.That end up with more problems then they need. Buy just not learning how to protect their computers. As I know,You know this first hand. From the Vista computer.You clean up twice. So in a way I can see why the op is running so many security programs.

Finally figured it out. Disabled 2 at a time and then restarted & tried 2 sites I couldn't get to work. On the 4th try, I hit paydirt.

Turns out there was nothing really wrong or conflicting, it was the old "user error" thing that reared it's ugly head :-/

On Request policy, as on the other ones I temporarily disabled, I read thru the "more" thing. One thing I had missed was that there's a little flag in the status bar, bottom right, that turns red when a site needs access to something on another site. It works like No Script - you click on the flag when it's red and a menu opens up where you can permanently or temporarily allow it, among a couple other things. It works!!

So, sort of amazingly, really, all those add ons really DO work without conflict!
Thanks for all the input and ideas!

Finally figured it out. Disabled 2 at a time and then restarted & tried 2 sites I couldn't get to work. On the 4th try, I hit paydirt.

Turns out there was nothing really wrong or conflicting, it was the old "user error" thing that reared it's ugly head :-/

On Request policy, as on the other ones I temporarily disabled, I read thru the "more" thing. One thing I had missed was that there's a little flag in the status bar, bottom right, that turns red when a site needs access to something on another site. It works like No Script - you click on the flag when it's red and a menu opens up where you can permanently or temporarily allow it, among a couple other things. It works!!

So, sort of amazingly, really, all those add ons really DO work without conflict!
You should also know, those addons can probably slow your browser down. There was a time when it took my firefox a bit to start up. I came in here & got help. It now launches much faster.
Perhaps your pc could use a TechSpot tune up. Can't hurt. Good luck.

Then I can see why you use wot. I myself am just not a fan of it. Yes my browser have do not track enable and I do not allow third part cookies. I also use SAS. But there are people who just don't know enough about security.That end up with more problems then they need. Buy just not learning how to protect their computers. As I know,You know this first hand. From the Vista computer.You clean up twice. So in a way I can see why the op is running so many security programs.
I won't name the forum, but they swore by WOT so I've had it for years.
I've noticed in here , some have suggested siteadvisor yet when I've had pc's cleaned in here, WOT was recommended. I guess it just depends on the person. Thanks. :)

Glad you figure it out, Goodluck. But if you take a good look at some of those add ons. You will fine some of the more up to date browser have these add on built in under their options tab.

Back