Outlook 2007 (sent emails)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Walton

** Outlook 2003 Sorry wrong title **

Hi just having a problem with the sent items with one of our customers...

They can send emails no problem, they appear in the sent items folder after, but then every so often the emails just disappear, i thought she was just deleting them by accident or something but i sat in front had a look, and about 5 emails just cleared in front of me, cant figure out what it is at all.. Ive checked all the settings there's no setting to say delete after so long, and the save sent messages is ticked, Ive tried to mirror another accounts settings but no change. just wondered if anyone has had the same problem or knows how to fix it ?

Our next thought was re-install office and add the email account again

thanks in advance

Joe

Hello,

I think what you should try is to reinstall Outlook.

That seems to be the only solution.

Regards,

Brad

Hi sorry still having problems with this I have re-installed office and still have the same problem
Ive deleted the pst file and still get the sent items deleted, Ive contacted the host and they say its nothing to do with them.
Do you think creating a new user account on windows may help
or is formatting the best option ?

thanks for any help

Joe

If the problem is just that one account then I would try createing a new one and if that works then delete the old one.

I need to reply to you, to inform you not to delete any accounts
Especially not the Windows user account.
Deleting the Windows user account can cause many issues with installed Programs; Security updates (logs and uninstalls) and is generally not a good idea.

The fault Outlook 2003/2007 (happens on both actually) can be caused by a few possibilities.

1. Rules in Outlook
Please check: Outlook - tools - rules and alerts. For any rules that are there (just remove them all to be safe)
2. Virus/Trojan
Obviously there could be a Virus or Trojan on the system (I don't believe this is it though)
3. Antivirus/Firewall
Personal Antivirus/Firewalls, can become corrupt (Just like Windows can)
Your best approach would be to fully uninstall any Antivirus/Firewall product (or any other live protection program)
Test Emails again
Then re-install, a new (downloaded online) Antivirus/Firewall program

Please advise if this fixed the fault. Also let me know what AntiVirus/Firewall product you are using

Waiting for your reply...

thanks kimsland im at the company this aft
Il try re-installing the anti-virus they have McAfee on their computers
I couldnt find anything in the settings, but maybe its corrupt like you said
thanks again il get back asap

Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back