Outlook sends email but it stays in the outbox

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone and thank you for your time responding to this.

I have a Dell Insperion, Windows Vista and Outlook 2007. I can receive e-mail and attachments fine. I can send e-mail without attachments as well. If I send an e-mail with attachment, especially large ones, outlook will either not send the mail at all or it will send the mail, leave it in the outbox and resend it over and over until I manually delete it. Talk about making a new customer mad!

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

I know there is a file size limitation when you're trying to email files. It's somewhere around 10mb if i remember correctly.

As an alternative, you can upload the file to a site like yousendit.com, where you enter the email of the person you want to send the file to. He will then recive an email with a 7 day vaild link for the file.

I've also heard of a build-in function in outlook that automatically splits the files for you and send it as several emails, and automatically merges the files in the emails to one file again when it arrives (note: The email most be both send and recived with outlook for this to work). But i can't guide you if you choose to do this as i've never tried it before. I'll look for a more detailed guide about the subject if you'd like. Just let me know.

It happens with a file as small as 1mb

Devious said:
I know there is a file size limitation when you're trying to email files. It's somewhere around 10mb if i remember correctly.

As an alternative, you can upload the file to a site like yousendit.com, where you enter the email of the person you want to send the file to. He will then recive an email with a 7 day vaild link for the file.

I've also heard of a build-in function in outlook that automatically splits the files for you and send it as several emails, and automatically merges the files in the emails to one file again when it arrives (note: The email most be both send and recived with outlook for this to work). But i can't guide you if you choose to do this as i've never tried it before. I'll look for a more detailed guide about the subject if you'd like. Just let me know.

It happens with a file as small as 1mb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back