Overclocking Guide - GeForce3 Ti.200

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like a good story on squeaking a little bit more speed out of the card. I wouldnt go to high though..Heat kills very quickly.

I have a question to ask.
Do you think a 700 Mhz, 256 DDR RAM computer could bring out the full power of a Geforce 3 Ti 500? :(

Originally posted by XYZ359
I have a question to ask.
Do you think a 700 Mhz, 256 DDR RAM computer could bring out the full power of a Geforce 3 Ti 500? :(

If the GF3 was still 400.00 I would say no, but with the huge price decrease, it would be well worth the upgrade. You will se a noticable improvement in gaming and image quality.

What card have u got at the moment XYZ???
I'd say if its anything less than a GeForce2 MX then you should get a GeForce3 Ti200 etliest if not a Ti500

Heh, I have a Geforce 3 Ti 500 but the reason I asked this question was because I'm getting incredible low framerates...
I play RTCW (Return to Castle Wolfenstein) and the highest constant framerate I've got was about 99 or 100...and the lowest i've gotten is 7 or 8... I don't know, I go on forums and hear how all these people get into the 200 - 250 with my card on their computer. I don't understand. :confused: :( :dead:

O OK:p, What make is your CPU?? But whatever it is a 700mhz CPU is never going to bring out the full power of the Ti500, id recommend etliest a 1ghz CPU!:bounce:
Have you run 3DMark2001SE, if not run it and then tell us what score you get! Nowadays you really need etliest 2500 on your 3Dmark to be able to play decent games, with high graphics!

If you havent got it get it from here:

3DMark2001SE

Good Luck:grinthumb

Thanks a bunch man, I just gave my system a little cleaning and was thinking about getting a new processor. Everything else in my system is fine. I have 256 DDR RAM, Geforce 3 Ti 500, Montego Beach Soundcard, 10 GB HD (Mumbles), CD-RW, and DVD-ROM. I'm basically all setup except for my processor. I'm getting some money from my parents for Easter so lets see what I can pull up. How much would...hmm...a 2 Ghz processor cost? Do you also think I could overclock it some? It's a PIII...
:grinthumb

P.S. - I would be really happy if I won that system from that contest 3DS is having. (Cough Cough) Very unlikely though. :(
Oh, and thanks again for your help.

Originally posted by XYZ359
P.S. - I would be really happy if I won that system from that contest 3DS is having. (Cough Cough) Very unlikely though. :(
Oh, and thanks again for your help.

I think that the grand prize will help any user out there. It is a great setup.

Hmmm,2ghz Pentium, well if you have the money then go and get it, but they are a lot of money for what they are:
Around $455!
I would recommend an XP1900+ as a CPU, as they are as fast as, if not faster than P4 2ghz, and cheaper:
Around $230:cool:

For more info on difference between AMDXP, and P4 go here:
AMD vs P4

Referring back to:

svtcobra - I know, it's a great system and the person to win it would be VERY lucky. :)

Cucumber - Oh, I hope I can get the money, but, I think I will. Hehe. Why? Well, one time with my dad in Best Buy, we were looking around for a RPG turn-based game. But, we couldn't find one. And, my friend went off looking in the graphic cards section looking for a card he and I wanted. I was telling my dad about it, (it was brand new at the time) and it seemed like he was very convinced. We walked over to my friend where he was guarding it and I told my dad yet again why this would be good for our computer. After about 5 minutes of discussion, my dad said, "Get it." I was shocked. We walked out of the store with the $250 - 350 card and boy was I happy that day.

I'm thinking if that could happen to me once, I would think it could happen again with a processor.

(Coughs)

And no, i'm not spoiled.
(Shifts his eyes around)
:grinthumb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back