Overclocking tips

Status
Not open for further replies.

louie31

hi there...

my problem is my computer restarts when playing games...this happens to me since 6months after we bought the PC up to until now...

just a few days i removed one of my memory's the 256mb and i left the 1gb following the one I've read about infinite loop error... after that when i play games the PC just hangs and do not restart...

gbhall recommended that i post in this forum

If you read the overclocking page, you will find this board does not overclock too well, and is prone to crashing as a consequence. This is then contradicted in the summary page, so.....I suggest that you raise this topic in the overclocking forum of this site, where you are likely to get much more informed advice on the 'best' setings for this board. That it ran for 6 months before these problems began is a good sign of heat-stressing, and the problem will only get worse.

by the way here is my specs

Motherboard:ECS KN1 SLI Extreme
Graphic card:Inno 3d GeForce 6500
Processor:AMD Althon 64 3000+
RAM:1.25gb(1-1gb , 1-256mb)

thanks in advance..

Two rules for replacing memory, especially in more recent, 'performance' m/b's

Either one strip or two exactly matched.

Beware of cheap generic memory. Refer to the motherboard manufacturer site where there will be a list of approved manufacturers with specific strip serial numbers for Ram. Stick to that list or run the risk of dodgy reliability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back