Page Fault In Nonpaged Area

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Faerie

Hi i need help please.. yesterday i came home from work and i turned on my computer.. and it was acting very weird.. looked like matrix was going on in my computer and then suddenly it shut down and a blue screen came up and gave me the error message saying, "Page fault in nonpaged area" and something like "*** STOP: 0x000000 50(0xF3EBFE20, 0x00000000, 0x804D9A69, 0x00000000)

i have no idea whats going on and i dont know how to fix it i am very bad with computers so someone has to guide/explain to me in details.. .. i do play a game called "runescape" and i dont know if it has to do with it or not..

i looked on the windows website and
it says to put windows cd in it but the thing is i dont have a windows xp cd because i bought this computer from a friend 2 years ago and he didnt give me the cd... so i am wondering is there anything i can do to fix this issue...

please someone help me i would really appriciate it.. thanks

~Hina~

In order to help you we need your minidumps.

How to find your minidumps:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files. It is these files that we need you to attach to your next posting, NOT the whole folder.

Restart your computer and start repeatedly pressing the F8 key on your keyboard.

Select the option "Last Known Good Configuration" when the Windows Advanced Options menu appears, and then press ENTER.

I see Route44 has just replied at the same time as me !

route44: i do not know how to attach files, can you please help me with them?

kimsland: i've tried last known good configuration but it didnt work out.. it still goes to the blue screen i think its something to do with ram problem...

can you please tell me how to attach minidumps files? as i said i dont understand much about computers and stuff so you're gonna have to guide me please.. thanks

Do you have a Dell computer and are you using onboard video? Here are what your minidumps are showing:

ialmdev.dll - once

ialmdev5-dll - once

ialmkchw.sys - once

ialmnt5.sys - three times

* All of the above are Intel graphics chipset drivers and some are corrupted and all are causing conflicts.

* If it is a Dell then go to their website and see if you can upgrade the chipset drivers.

* If that doesn't rectify the matter I would suggest running a harddrive diagnostics, run MemTest for your RAM, defrag your harddrive, and check for infections.

yes mine is a dell computer i'd download the chipset driver like few days ago and i was trying to run it and it went on the blue screen again.. for some reason.. i will try to run it again and see what happens... and how do i run harddrive diagonitic? what is memtest? i've defragmented the HD before.. and i will check for infection now...

ok i ran the chipset driver and it worked... i have defragmented the HD and also checked errors in the comp (those phase things).. i have a question do i need to update any of the things that it says on this website (thats my cpu)

http://support.dell.com/support/dow...=DIM_PNT_CEL_2350&os=WW1&osl=en&catid=&impid=

also i play this game called runescape and everytime i play it lags alot and the images look blurry.. it started happening after they updated somethings but not everyone is having the same problem... some ppl assume its ram leaking and makin some people suffer this problem.. and thats why i had the blue screen show up because when i read on the windows website which i posted earlier in this topic said its doing it because it has something to do with ram and i am thinking it happend cos of the game.... so is there anyway i can fix my ram... or something i can download to fix this issue... ? please help.. thx

If it isn't broke then don't mess with it. However, the diagnostics utility looks like it may be useful when needed. Just download the latest version if you so desire.

Also, there is no way to "fix" RAM. If it is bad the only thing you can do is replace it. There is also a possibility of you upgrading to faster RAM or adding more RAM. It could be you need more RAM. But you need to know what DELL's motherboard specifications are to see if this is possible.

If the upgrading of your chipset has stopped the blue screens then great! But if you experience more BSODs (Blue Screen of Death) then post back.

I could be reading what you have supplied so far as wrong, but it appears your PC is an old one by today's standards. Keep in mind that newer games will be out of the question but if your PC is doing what you want then there is absolutely no reason for you to buy a new one.

In the future you may want to consider building your own. If you can't see if you can find someone who can. It is fun buying the parts you want and making so that it is upgradable. Good luck.

ok after i downloaded the chipset driver.. theres an icon at the bottom called intel(r) extreme graphics what is that?

can you also tell me what is motherboard? i have no idea

The Intel icon is just that: an Intel Icon. Your onboard chipset for graphics is Intel and when you downloaded and installed their icon came with it.

You need to contact DELL with model/serial number to find out what kind of motherboard you have. If you have this information you probably can get the official Manual for your system via PDF.

Also, there is a nifty little tool called SIW that gives great information on your system components. It costs nothing and it is free of malware, spyware, and viruses. Just google SIW and you'll easily find it.

Lastly, if you are having no more crashes then I'd say your RAM is fine. However, if you want to find out more about MemTest just google that as well. It is a great tool to test your RAM and it is absolutely free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back