PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA - help me please

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey all,

in the last 3 weeks or so I've been having trouble getting my laptop to work properly, whenever I've been playing games sometimes as little as 10 minutes my computer cuts to a blue debug screen displaying either "MEMORY_MANAGEMENT" or "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA". I've ran memtest and and i have WinDBG installed and i have no luck finding anything, every now and then it's my firewall (Panda IS), but most of the time it doesn't seem to be a real program it usually comes up in WinDBG as
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x50_nt!MiRemoveWorkingSetPages+14c
so if it helps anyone, I've attached a copy of my most recent crash

thanks in advance

working on getting my specs in right now

Your minidump (one isn't sufficient but its a start) says you had an 0x50 error, particulary memory (RAM) corruption. How long did you run MemTest?

From auhma.org:

0x00000050: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

1. Requested data was not in memory.

2. An invalid system memory address was referenced.

3. Defective memory (including main memory, L2 RAM cache, video RAM) or incompatible software (including remote control and antivirus software) might cause this Stop message, as may other hardware problems (e.g., incorrect SCSI termination or a flawed PCI card).

Do these crashes only occur when playing games? I have read that people take care of their memory management issues by increasing their virtual memory (It happened to me in Baldur's Gate years ago). Your games may not be able to access the memory they need in loading, etc. See if that takes care of your issue(s).

I would suggest running MemTest again for a minimum of 7-10 passes.

I didn't run memtest very long, probably only twice, i'll run it through a full seven

I doubt it's a lack of RAM i have my 1GB of DDR and a 4GB paging file.

it's possible it's an error in a card driver, i know one of the processes for my graphics card have been acting up lately and taking up quite a bit of CPU usage in task manager, but I've reinstalled the driver twice in the last 2 weeks, I'll see if i can find the older version i was using to see if that helps

i would attach more dumps if i it would let me press the attach button.. hold on let me restart the browser

still nothing.. wonderfull

It isn't a lack of RAM per se, it is your virtual memory settings that may be too small.

Your one error is 0x4E Pen List Corrupt and it pointed to memory corruption as the cause. However, it is typically caused by drivers passing bad memory descripter lists. This behavior occurs because a driver or other program damaged the input/out (I/O) driver structures. Now combine this with your two other dumps...

Your other two dumps were 0x0000001A: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT

This memory management error is usually hardware related. If this occurs while installing Windows, also check the Windows system requirements including the amount of RAM and disk space required to load the operating system

To troubleshoot this behavior:

1. Run hardware diagnostic tools that are provided by your computer manufacturer.

2. Disable all file system filter drivers, such as backup utilities, virus scanners, or firewall software.

* It is #2 here that interests me the most because in one of your 0x1A dumps it particularly cited pavdrv51.sys which is a driver specific to Panda security software.

* I am wondering if your issue is with Panda corrupting your sytem. I would go over to their forums and see if Panda customers are having issues such as yours, in particular this driver.

* You may to update or uninstall and reinstall. Try disabling it first and see if you get crashes. If none occur this is probably your culprit.

ya i looked it up on Google, panda has been associated with crashes a lot, I'll try turning it off ans see if the crashes stop.

thanks for your help

and if you want more i got at least 4 more dumps

WOAH.. i just realized that the line above this looked like i was talking about taking a crap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back