page_fault_in_nonpaged_area problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey, i am decent with computers, but i am horrible at troubleshooting them, especially when a BSOD appears. i never have these issues with my machines, and i usually just format if i come across bsod that i cant fix on other peoples machines.

my friends laptop, a dell latitude d400, will not start up. he gets the page_default_in_nonpaged_area bsod. I can go into safe mode, but i cannot go into safemode with networking. I understand that this is a memory (allocation?) problem, so i ran memtest in safemode to check the ram. The ram checked out fine after i let it run for a whole hour. after reading up on this error, i found that a nonpaged area is most likely a driver issue. i tried disabling all the network adapters in the bios, and even uninstalled the display adapter cuz the m$ site said to do so. nothing has worked so far.

i would post some minidumps here, but i have never done them before. i have about 5 of them already, but i dont know how to transfer those dmp files from his laptop. he cant network and it wont let me burn a cd. it also doesnt help that this laptop has no floppy drive and i have no floppy disks anyways.

any help, whether it be to get those minidump files or how to resolve the bsod would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back