PC not starting. Can you help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I left my PC on last night and woke up to find it off and I haven't been able to start it since. It is an Athlon 2100+ 1.733ghz, 1 gig of RAM, Radeon 9600. The lights on my speakers and my mobo are both on. Any idea what the problem might be?

Thanks in advance. :)

Update

I switched the Power supply. That's clearly not the problem.

One would assume, then, that it's the mobo. But the light comes on on it (only sign of life in my machine at the moment) and peripherals like the mouse and speakers are getting power.

I'm so confused.

Turn off your computer unplug it from the wall than remove the BIOS battery let it sit for a few minutes replace the battery this will reset everythign to defult ..see if the computer will reboot at all let us know
You will probbly have to reset some stuff back in BIOS all the settings are in your motherboard book and you should always keep track of your BIOS settings and make notes of such settings..

Let us know

No joy, I'm afraid.

I took out the battery, let it sit, put it back in and it still won't turn on. :/

Any other ideas?

It is possible that there has been a power surge and it has affected your motherboard, however any time that I have see this the motherboard is totally unresponsive. You did say that you had motherboard lights on.

Do the obvious things like checking all your leads , make sure everything is plugged into your motherboard.

Can you access the BIOS, if so it could mean that you hard drive has died or it is no longer detected by the system.

Take out all non essential hardware.

Check that your video card is seated properly.

Check that your memory is seated properly.

Remove all but 1 Memory module.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back